Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Why is my body so crazy?

Each month my O date is later and later but my cycle length is staying the same. It driving me crazy. Any ideas why? Do I need to contact my Gyno? Insurance doesn't cover anything TTC related though so I would be paying out of pocket for any sort of testing that involves that. I had a loss in July.

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
How long is your LP?

So long as your LP is longer than 10 (11-14 is good) then the time you O shouldnt matter. But if your LP is getting shorter too then that will affect getting and staying pregnant. (I have dealt with this as well from low progesterone)
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody
How long is your LP?

So long as your LP is longer than 10 (11-14 is good) then the time you O shouldnt matter. But if your LP is getting shorter too then that will affect getting and staying pregnant. (I have dealt with this as well from low progesterone)
It's getting shorter. Last month it was 10 days. The month before it was 11 an this month, if my cycle starts when it's suppose to, it will be 9 days.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why is my body so crazy?

Do you spot a lot during the post ovulation phase? I found this article (that helps think to other articles if you want to do our own research) that spotting a lot and short post ovulation phase can be helped "self medicated" with vitamin supplements.

http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/ub...t&Number=11443
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
Do you spot a lot during the post ovulation phase? I found this article (that helps think to other articles if you want to do our own research) that spotting a lot and short post ovulation phase can be helped "self medicated" with vitamin supplements.

http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/ub...t&Number=11443
No, I don't have spotting.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I had this happen to me, too. I had luteal phase defect. I had to be on progesterone to lengthen my LP. I would have a normal length cycle but my ovulation was on like CD21 with a 7-8 day LP. I did find out eventually that I was ovulating weak and could not stay pregnant. I have PCOS. Once treated, I was ovulating fine and had a normal LP and got pregnant just fine.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it's only been two months it would probably be a bit soon to start paying for tests. You may just have to be patient.

If it keeps going down you may want to at least research VITEX. I haven't decided to start using it yet, but I may depending on how it continues.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 11-28-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
If it's only been two months it would probably be a bit soon to start paying for tests. You may just have to be patient.

If it keeps going down you may want to at least research VITEX. I haven't decided to start using it yet, but I may depending on how it continues.
Ya, I know. Woman have been trying for months and even years and here I am complaining about 4 months. Ugh, I'll just wait an see.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Ya, I know. Woman have been trying for months and even years and here I am complaining about 4 months. Ugh, I'll just wait an see.
You are right to be concerned about it. Four months or not, it is not "normal" to have less than a 10 day LP and some doctors will even say 12 day at least due to late implanting. I would not panic yet, your body may just be having a couple wacky cycles and will go back to normal. If you have 3 wacky cycles like the ones you have been in a row, then it is time to get a preconception appointment and bring your charts to your doctor to show them you are not having a full LP. Progesterone may be just enough to lengthen your cycles for conception. You can even buy over the counter progesterone cream to use.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Can you try some progesterone cream after you Ovulate? That helped me get 2 more days in my LP.

I know you had a loss recently, any chance you are still lactating at all? High prolactin levels can make for delayed O, short LP and miscarriages/lack of getting pregnant. That would need a blood test but might be covered under medical.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote