Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Tablet suggestions?

My parents want to get us a tablet as a family gift for Christmas. Which is great. But they want to know WHICH tablet we'd like. And I have no idea.
Funny thing is my husbands in it. He just doesn't really care.
My son has a Samsung tablet at school for his communication device and hell eventually get to bring it home. So I don't know whether to get a Samsung for continuity or not. We have a Samsung laptop, a gateway desktop, my husband works for dell, and 3-4 iPods (touch, nanos and the little one). So it's not like we're totally loyal to one brand or anything. What do y'all have and lie and why?

Advertisement

kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a fire I love, like the new one that has a camera as well.
-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

DH has an iPad and it's pretty dang awesome. Plus we have an Apple TV box so we can "airplay" whatever is on the iPad onto our TV.

I have been thinking about getting a Nook HD+ for myself though. $269 and it's a full 9" screen. Plus it has the SD card slot so I could add additional memory. It's also very lightweight. DH wants to get me an iPad instead, but I don't think one house needs two of them. But he takes his to work during the day (software engineer so he uses it for testing). So maybe...I do like the idea of having my iTunes on a tablet. Just wish they were $100-200 cheaoer so it was an easier sell to me.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

Re: Tablet suggestions?

iPad. But, anymore, we're pretty much an Apple family so it just made more sense than anything else. We're very pleased with it, though, and will probably get another, or maybe a mini, sometime soon.
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I LOVE my iPad!!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
rileykidmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a Gateway laptop, DH has a Nook Color, I have an Acer Iconia Tab (10") and DD has a Kindle Fire HD. We like all of them; the HD is the newest and the fanciest. It's really nice for us because it has parental controls on it. All work great and we haven't had any problems with them yet. *knock on wood* Downside of the Kindle Fire HD is it doesn't have an SD slot for more memory.

Last edited by rileykidmama; 11-20-2012 at 12:18 PM.
rileykidmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
We have tried several tabs.

Nook color, kindle fire, samsung galaxy and ipad. (And some cheapy from TRU last year). We returned both the samsung and the cheapy)

I pad wins every time. Its just so easy to use. Never fails, and just simple.

We have 3 ipads (we won one!!) and will never try another tablet. We have a kindle fire that just sits here unused.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ipad. I love it to death. So intuitive and reliable. Awesome and cheap apps. My 2yo can use it completely independently switches between her favorite apps, streams Netflix, really anything she wants. No one showed her how either, she stole it a few times, hid with it and taught herself to use it like 4 or 5 months ago.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote