Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:
CD a newborn - what did you use at night?

Just wondering what ya'll used at night with a newborn. I am so set for daytime, I think. Just wondering what my option are for overnight. Thanks mamas!!!!!

Advertisement

Sarahbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: CD a newborn - what did you use at night?

I find that there isn't much difference right now between nighttime diapering and daytime. She's up during the night a few times and it's enough to change her. That being said, I do make sure she's in her xsmall FBs just because they hold just a bit more.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When they are newborns, I changed DD as often as I did in the day because of the bf poop. When she was about six week she seemed to poop less often and I stoped changing her at night, but I was going back and forth with sposies and kissaluvs conturs. I know that doesn't help much, but that is what we did. Now we just double stuff the pockets at night because she sleeps much longer at 8 months than she did at 2-3 months.

Good luck, I am sure these ladies have better advice.
jjaelovesenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

I probably should have mentioned that baby will be only formula fed, not breast fed.

I guess that makes a difference, because I see people mention it on here (with regards to poo type) although for the life of me, I can't figure out what. Texture maybe? Amount?
Sarahbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
aimee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With Jacob it didn't make a difference on what I used. I changed him at night just like I did during the day because he pooped after I fed him. It was until he was about 2 months old that I was able to go all night with out changing him. Then I went to a fitted and wool.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #6
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Ditto--nighttime diapering was no different than daytime diapering due to him pooping a bunch. My formula fed babies differed from my breastfed baby in the manner that they didn't poop as much and it was solid and stinky.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #7
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ditto here. The first six weeks he was changed at every feeding, so I didn't need anything different for nights. He generally wore a fitted or XS FB. At six weeks he quit pooping at night so I went to mostly double stuffed XS FB or a fitted and doubler.

I think bf babes poop more than ff babies, but it's easier to clean. You just toss in the pail. FF poop must be washed off.

Give BFing a try. It's nice to have baby's milk ready and warm at all times. It's better for baby and better for mom. And no dunking till solids is nice too. Plus there's been time when Zane (or Race when he was little) was so sick I can't imagine not BFing. It was the only thing that kept either of us going (and sane).

What dipes/covers do you have?

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #8
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Regarding the XS Fb's...when did your babes go into the Smalls? Is it worth it to buy XS?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #9
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeemarie
Regarding the XS Fb's...when did your babes go into the Smalls? Is it worth it to buy XS?

Abby is two weeks and STILL doesn't fit her smalls. I'm waiting on seven more xsmalls just because I'd like he to fit into SOME cloth, kwim? I hear up to six weeks. If it helps, Abby was born at 8lbs even and yesterday at two weeks and two days old she was 8lbs14oz. But...she's long and thin. LOL I think we'll get a few weeks outta' 'em, which'd be nice. I hate putting her in sposies because the blowouts suck and they turn her bum red.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:36 PM   #10
Termie
Registered Users
seller

We too did our Kissaluv 0s (daytime dipe as well) day and night until about 6wk. He seemed to be not pooping much during the night, and I'd gotten a FABU deal on FB to try out. So at 6wk he started wearing FB at night with 2 hemp inserts from http://www.fuzzibunzstore.com Since then I've gotten 3 old hemp firefly inserts and we pair one with the FBS hemp and so far it's done the post 6wks night times.

AimeeMarie - I think we're gonna try to get a couple XS FBs whenever I'm pg again. His smalls didn't fit until 6wk (almost 4# difference) and I figure $10-$15 (used) won't kill me if they don't work for the next one for long. I'm holding off till I'm pg again b/c ds took us 2 years and 3 m/c to keep ahold of, so maybe by the time the next one is coming FB will make at least a few color options available. LOL!
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote