Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 04:53 AM   #31
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Having a hard time with trying to keep my kids-kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatreestar View Post
i remember singing "shes my cherry pie" as a kid, i had NO CLUE lol!!

i honestly just cannot even handle watching "regular tv" the ads and commercials are so annoying. the less electronics the better imo.
Oh my gosh, me too!

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #32
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWidda

We LOVED Brave. We all watched it as a family. The only thing I didn't like was when someday mooned someday else (can't remember who). It totally went over my little one's head, although the older two giggled.

Anyways, I was going to say this is us, except they get way more screen time. But it's always videos/dvds. My oldest likes old movies like Shirley Temple, Old Yeller, etc. And we listen almost always to christian music too. All family friendly stuff.
We just watched this. The little boys mooned. And the maid housekeeper whoever she is has her cleavage all iut. Dh thought that was a little much.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #33
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWidda View Post
We LOVED Brave. We all watched it as a family. The only thing I didn't like was when someday mooned someday else (can't remember who). It totally went over my little one's head, although the older two giggled.

Anyways, I was going to say this is us, except they get way more screen time. But it's always videos/dvds. My oldest likes old movies like Shirley Temple, Old Yeller, etc. And we listen almost always to christian music too. All family friendly stuff.
we loved brave too. the kids laught the whole time!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #34
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I must be pretty sheltered. I have been reading the word gangnum. What does it mean? Also I had no idea angry birds was a game. I thought it was just a picture on shirts.
I have also never heard any of the songs mentioned above.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #35
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

My kids attend an inner city school and attend daycare. We watch regular tv, listen to the radio and DH, to my dismay, has those horrible xbox games.

I don't go out of my way to shelter them at all but like most parents I do pay attention.
My 3 yr old sings Humpty Dumpty and Puff the Magic Dragon and My 8yr old has only just discovered One Direction. They have never seen DH's xbox games and they do not watch adult television. None of this is hard to do.

I would start being very careful of my kids friends if one of them knew what Call of Duty was and regularly watched inappropriate music videos unsupervised etc..
isabelsmummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #36
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I know that I learned every word to Paradise by the Dashboard light by the time I was about 6, but it's STILL disturbing to hear my 5 year old sing Flo Rida's Whistle. And while she does play video games and watch movies, we keep them kid appropriate. She's a bit of a scaredy, so that makes it easy. We explain that some movies are scary and not for kids, and she gets it. Though she was a little mad at us when we bought the Avengers and then told her she couldn't watch it.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote