Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
feeling festive
My Mood:
Sensitive skin

I watch a 6 mo old little boy for a couple hrs a day...he has really sensitive skin! his skin even cracks inbetween his fat folds! well, mom puts diaper rash cream on it and baby powder and she is always reminding me to powder, powder, powder...i never ever used powder on my kids. and this kiddo wears sposies...i'd put him in a cloth dipe but he only gets about one change a day here...any good lotions ya'll know of?? any tips i can pass on to mom thanks ladies!

Mom to Corbin Reid and Faith
JackieLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Sensitive skin

Oh, please fill this mom in...powder is drying...that's the whole point of it! It will only make his cracks worse. See if she is willing to try Lanolin/lansinoh (the breast stuff) - it is a great barrier/protector, basically natural, and not too expensive since a little goes a long way. Keep your cloth away from it though or use a liner!

Also, she may be overbathing him or using a drying product. I think people are stuck on bathing a babe every single day and it's just not necessary. Maybe you could suggest a nice, natural bath product or get her one as a gift?
(Awesome AP DH 10/99; fiery DD1 Bryn 5/04; sweet DD2 Maya-HB 8/06
eBay & DS feedback: mnpetnurse
mnpetnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Sensitive skin

Isn't the point of powder to keep the skin dry? Seems to me that would make it worse! My son has pretty sensitive skin and I can only use Aveeno products on him. The "regular" baby products irritate him.

A friend of mine from another board has a son with pretty bad skin issues. Her ped told her to rub oil on the skin right after bathtime to help seal in the moisture.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote