Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Thanksgiving B2B's!

Well I'm really glad I made the apple pie too....everyone ate that. It's all gone!

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The history of this holiday is not a proud one for the white guys but then the white guys are really good at spinning history to sound better. Yes about 3 years into the feasting, the pilgrams now had the whole what to what thing figured out so they killed the natives.

In our family we choose to make it about being thankful for all we have and for our family and friends.
I have an apple and a cherry pie in the oven for later. Cinnamon rolls will go in soon.

We are not eating a traditional meal. We are having a Ham, mashed potatoes, asparagus, Swedish meatballs, lefsa, green bean casserole, pies.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I especially love the Snow White costume at the dinner table. That is awesome.

Apple pie is pretty awesome. Especially with ice cream.

Kari's family pix on FB are too cute.

I have a predicament. The girls each asked for presents from Santa that do not exist. Because ya know, the elves can make anything.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What did they ask for
Old 11-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
The history of this holiday is not a proud one for the white guys but then the white guys are really good at spinning history to sound better. Yes about 3 years into the feasting, the pilgrams now had the whole what to what thing figured out so they killed the natives.

In our family we choose to make it about being thankful for all we have and for our family and friends.
I have an apple and a cherry pie in the oven for later. Cinnamon rolls will go in soon.

We are not eating a traditional meal. We are having a Ham, mashed potatoes, asparagus, Swedish meatballs, lefsa, green bean casserole, pies.
I don't know that if I were in the same position that I could do the same thing. I think it's a very difficult position to be in but I suppose the only thing that anyone can do it so turn to be about being thankful for what we have and not about what was then.

Your dinner sounds really good Jen. I love cherry pie!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #26
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I especially love the Snow White costume at the dinner table. That is awesome.

Apple pie is pretty awesome. Especially with ice cream.

Kari's family pix on FB are too cute.

I have a predicament. The girls each asked for presents from Santa that do not exist. Because ya know, the elves can make anything.
If we want any peace here sometimes we just have to let go and allow the slightly unusual to be ok. That includes snow white at the table and Fynn running around and playing when he should be eating...for him to then come and eat when everyone else is having dessert.

Oh and we had custard with our pie.

What gifts are they hoping for?
Old 11-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #27
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know what, My head is killing me...I think I'm just going to go to bed. Heiner is in music practice and the kids are in bed. I dont need to be up.

everyone.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #28
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good night Janine

I am all done with my cooking jobs for the week.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #29
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ginger asked for a three foot tall stuffed Bowser. When I told her I didn't think such a thing existed, she wrote in her letter to Santa, "P.S. Please don't think this doesn't exist." I am hoping the 10" version plus a big wall sticker will do instead. Maybe I will write a note about how she would not be able to sleep with something that big.

Rosie asked for a robotic kit (which I can do) but since Ginger wrote 3 foot tall doll, she had to write the kit be for a 4 foot tall robot. She said she had to be specific because that one year she asked for the pink Barbie Jeep, she got the one for Barbie instead of the big one she saw at Walmart that kids can drive. I told her that gifts that big don't fit down the chimney, so she shouldn't ask for things she can't get. That we don't have room for that kind of stuff. But she didn't change her letter.

Ian just asked for the same toys he received from Santa last year. I don't think he really gets the concept. Mel, Ru, can you imagine having two of that awful firetruck? I think I might have to shoot Santa if that really happened. But he also asked for a police car so I think I can do that. :whew:
Old 11-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #30
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did wind up going to Meijer, and got the mashed potatoes and corn on the cob I forgot, some Hawaiian rolls so I wouldn't have to make cornbread, and did find some tennis shoes and rainboots for me (they are having a BOGO sale today on shoes and accessories only). However I totally forgot to get several cans of Pringles, because it is cheaper to buy them than cardboard tubes to ship cookies. We are planning to bake a bunch of cookies and send them to my parents like we did last year. Last year they didn't have a kitchen. This year they have one but they have to be a part of the home tour, host the church choir party, etc so I doubt there will be excessive baking this year.