Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
Registered Users
Originally Posted by weesej
A 34 weeker very well might need the NICU, but you also know how serious ICP can be. If you're biles are sky high or baby is stressed it very well could be best to induce at that point. Hopefully things will be stable and you can make it to 36-37 weeks.

My itching has been ramping up too. My bile acids when I first had any itching were at 9, so totally acceptable, but last pregnancy they never went above a 4...and I never itched as much as I have been this last week. I had mild ICP with babies #6 and we will wait and see. I've got enough issues this time that I get to start NST's next week at 30 weeks.

What did you're bile acids come back at?? Hope the itching isn't too insane!
I don't know what the numbers were, but she said they were considered "normal within cholestasis range". I woke up itching worse than when I went to bed last night. I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE A OVER A MONTH OF THIS LEFT!!! I might jump right out of my skin before then. What a maddening condition this is. I was really enjoying this pregnancy, too. So that stinks.

I guess we'll just start double timing it to get the house ready for the new addition.

brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Induce at 34 weeks?

My twins were induced at 29 weeks for twin to twin transfer. They only needed oxygen for the first day then they were fine as far as lungs go. Clearly they had other issues but I think you should be fine if they have to take the baby 34 weeks. I know it can be frightening, sorry mama
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
I had a 34 weeker because of preterm labor which we had battled since 29 weeks. I had been given steroid shots to mature his lungs several weeks before birth. He stayed under an oxygen tent for 36 hours but overall was very healthy at 6lbs 2 oz ( I have big babies )

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mom to 3 big boys and one tiny princess
txmommytobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
Ive had 3 34 weekers. . .the biggest thing is feeding. You will probably have to pump and feed a bottle to baby till he/she would have been full term-due. I made the sucessfull breastfeeding transfer from bottle with all 4 of my premies (one was 32 weeks). If they let you, getting to 36 would be ideal, lot higher chanc of no NICU stay. When my watrr boke at 31 weeks my job was to eat, burn no extra calories myself to "fatten baby" (it worked he was 5lbs 2oz at 32 weeks gestation, pretty big for 8 weeks early!) . . . Only 1 of my premies had breathing difficulty. He was on cpap for 4 days I think? All in all, your not looking at a long NICU stay. Just till baby can keep up his/her body temp, feed from bottle or breast and gain weight. Its frustrating sometimes bc they do expect more from premies then full term babies (rate they gain weight, how much they eat, ect) but, its all worth it once baby is home. 2 of my premies went hone at 4ish days old, but it is a lot more work then a full term baby. But so worth it.
If you have specific questions Id be happy to answer anything I can.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Kristen: Helpmeet to my amazing DH
Mama to 8 Wonderful Blessings!
(12, 9, 8, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1 )
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote