Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big families? Negative reactions.

We only have two, but I know that we'd get a ton of comments if we had another. My husband says no, but I'd be okay with more. But if we did, I know that I'd just keep it a secret until 4 or 5 months in. I did that with the last one and it worked out just fine. By the time it's obvious, most people were just too surprised to say anything annoying. I think I waited until 19 weeks or so to tell anyone, then they felt silly for just thinking I was getting fat. LOL.

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
butterflygirl71
Registered Users
seller
seller

Funny thing, I had my first when I was barely 18 and on my own. Now, I am pregnant with #6 and 41 years old and they all still react crazy like I am still a teen. Family can be stupid as can everyone else. It is no ones else's business how many children you have. I have been having children for 23 years now. I think I know what I am doing
Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Hahaa!! Someone asked Dont I know what causes this by now? I just *had* to pop off and said Of course I know what causes this and OBVIOUSLY I am darn good at it.
I didnt get any lip after that hahaha.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
knittingk
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm pregnant with number 5 and dreaded telling anyone for the reactions we get. We actually told my parents and IL's when I was about 22 weeks (they live about 5 hours away so we did not see them)..the reaction from the IL's was horrible. I actually told DH we shouldn't even bother to call them when the babe is born in March.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't plan on telling anyone but maybe this website until after 19 weeks. To much drama and negativity. It will be super easy to do as we live in Virginia and most of our family lives in Florida. DH does have a few sisters that live in Virginia but we normally only see them every 4-6 months, so I can definitely keep it a secret. I get Mirena removed tomorrow and we begin ttcing right away! Hoping to see DH s sisters in December before morning sickness sets in and then keep it from everyone until the kids figure out I'm pregnant and tell the world.
Anna0623 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #16
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry double post.

Last edited by Anna0623; 11-27-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #17
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We only have two lo's right now and most of the time mil sees me she keeps reminding me of how great it is that we can be done because we have a son and a daughter right away.

Last edited by Anna0623; 11-27-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
knittingk
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna0623 View Post
We only have two lo's right now and most of the time mil sees me she keeps reminding me of how great it is that we can be done because we have a son and a daughter right away.
My MIL was the same one day I had enough and said they are children not bookends and we were thinking of having more
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #19
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfoxy
Me and DH done talked about this.

If I get pregnant soon with our 3rd the only person telling is my mother as she wants to be a grandma again. The rest of my family can go an JUMP IN THE LAKE!! The rest of our family can just figure it out or we will finally say something after hit 4 months as my SIL is a real itch an she hates my children. If she ever says anything bad about my children again I'm going to really slap the peas out of her. A while back she said she wished my babies was never born or was born dead. Plus said my DH needed to be fixed. So they are wrote off our family list for good...

No-one ever says that about my children unless you want see the bad side of me.

Opps sorry for venting just now..
Your sister in law actually said that? I would have slapped the snot out her then.....(sorry)

As for large families...if we didn't need intervention that costs a boat load...I'd have a million and whomever didn't like it or had a comment could take a tinkle in the wind....
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

We only have 1 right now and she is 18 months old. We've had 2 miscarriages before she was born do we started trying early since it took us so long to have a baby last time (over 3 years). Well we are pregnant now and my FIL said "was it an accident?" UGH are you serious?!? We only have 1 child. We'd like a big family. Already we are getting comments? What gives? My reaction to his question was saying "was Lindsey (his daughter) an accident??? My dh and his sister are born 2 years apart as will my dd and her sibling. :/ good thing I wasn't the one on the phone.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote