Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #21
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Big families? Negative reactions.

We only told ppl on a need to know basis.

And even then, I let DH handle most of the ppl - except my family, I told them myself. Everyone in my family was mostly nice about it. But my parents love babies, so I expected them to be uber excited.

For DH it was worse. His sister hung up on him. His uncle asked if we are planning to start a new state. His parents said... nothing (not even kidding, just dead silence on the phone and then change of subject). A few friends made some nasty/snarky comments.

And there were some friends of mine that I just never told b/c of how rude they were with pregnancy #3.

There is just no excuse. If you can't say something nice, shut the heck up!

Advertisement

Last edited by Kiliki; 11-28-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

I didn't tell with Joey until I was in my 7th month. I actually went to a family event with everyone there at 6.5months preggers in a blouse that made me look fat. I was in nursing school and the mantra was. "Mae is going great, AS LONG AS SHE DOESN'T GET PREGNANT." Give me a break. I had Joey on Tuesday and was in class with him on Monday.

My Grandma felt so bad that I felt the need to hide it from her that she is ridiculously supportive now. My mom loudly tells everyone that I'm planning on having a big family and that she fully supports anything that makes us happy. Plus everyone thinks its reasonable to have three if your first two were the same gender. I'm sending out the Christmas cards with a little announcement next week. Who knows what it will be like with #4 and #5......
Old 11-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #23
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
Next time I am only telling his parents, mine and my bff. Everyone else can figure it out on their own.

I am soooo sick of people telling my husband to castrate himself and for me to sew it up. People are so sick and rude. I dont care anymore.
how do people even think crap like that up, let alone let it come out of their mouths?
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #24
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Im expecting #3 at age 34.....my dad asked if I was trying give the Duggers a run for their money.....seriously?!?!!! According to most OBs Im so old I might as well have a foot in the grave. I certainly dont have 20+ more years of fertility I would need to have a brood rivaling Mrs Dugger's.....I know hes joking but ugh...really??
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #25
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Since when is three a "big" family? We are having #4, everyone knows and honestly no-one cares. We also don't care what anyone else thinks either.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #26
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz View Post
Since when is three a "big" family? We are having #4, everyone knows and honestly no-one cares. We also don't care what anyone else thinks either.
I dunno, but I agree. 3 is not really that many. I think like 6 or more is a lot. But still not "bad" just more than usual.

Even 5 doesn't seem that much to me.

When I had 3, people were flipping out. I already had one boy and one girl. So the general consensus was that it must have been a mistake, b/c no one in the RIGHT mind would add more kids after having the "PERFECT" combination! - a boy and a girl!.... (which was true, it was an oops, but we were still excited and happy!)

I got asked multiple times in my last pregnancy if I was going to "get fixed" or "do something about THAT" ("THAT" being my fertility) ... and I was really disappointed that many of those who spewed such garbage were people I had once really respected and admired. I lost respect for a lot of people throughout my last pregnancy.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #27
emsody22
Registered Users
seller

It is sad that someone would have to not share the joy of having a baby because people are rude! I hate that I get comments that I have so many (I have4 boys), but when they hear I have all boys they inevitably ask "gonna try for a girl?" They just said I have too many kids and now they want me to have more?
emsody22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #28
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsody22
It is sad that someone would have to not share the joy of having a baby because people are rude! I hate that I get comments that I have so many (I have4 boys), but when they hear I have all boys they inevitably ask "gonna try for a girl?" They just said I have too many kids and now they want me to have more?
Well, you know, you have to have one of each. That's the only excuse for having more than two. I had a friend say to me just today "Well yay for two boys! That means you can have another!" I said "Um, thanks, but we would have another anyway." Really??? We can have another. Thanks for your approval.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #29
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

This just astounds me. Seriously, I had NO CLUE people were actually upset when finding out someone is pregnant with baby 3 or more. This makes me lose a bit of faith in humanity. We have already told our families we would like at least 4. My dad looked surprised, but not upset. My FIL passed 3 years ago, so my MIL told us she would LOVE LOTS of grand babies filling her heart and home .

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #30
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

It drives me crazy that people can't just see kids as a blessing. Yes, I have my hands full sometimes, but I love it, yes, we know what causes it, no, we are not having more because we are trying for a boy.

Sent from my droid