Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Morning all. Just left target. Gonna go home ad laze about thil I go to work

Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

Those are the kinds of hauls I get really excited about Jess. The nearest Once Upon a Child here is in a not so nice part of town, so I haven't gone. IDK why, I'll go in a ghetto Kmart or Walmart, but the little storefronts I am skeered of. Sorry about Dad's mom. Some people as they get older, and the senility slowly starts to sink in, they have all this frustration with their body and mind not doing what they want, and they wind up outwardly expressing that anger and frustration on everyone else - and they often can't even see it. Just don't take it personally, it is not directed at you or anybody specific for that matter.

I have been to the chiro, and looked at my xrays, which I haven't done in 20 years. Boy my back is messed UP. I didn't know you could even twist your spine like a corkscrew without significant injury. I'm guessing it's multiple PGs and carrying/nursing babies favoring one side most of the time. This explains so many things about my body now.

Fighting urges to go to IKEA. I want stuff, but they are doing BF sales too, and nothing I want is part of that so going there today would not be especially wise. We may do a Costco run though.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh, she used to be my favorite person in the world, but she has decided to pick favorites and be judgemental for quite awhile. Right now she is living at my moms house spending 12 hours a day at a nursing home waiting for her favorite son to die, jeopardizing her own very shaky marriage in the process. But in any case, she chose to sit in her room with the door closed for two hours after breakfast yesterday rather than meet my children.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So this is what I am thinking about Xmas. My parents and uncle are giving them multiple things. I will have to get a gift on behalf of my MIL and SIL, probably an art or science kit that is consumable or DVD/Wii game. Then they will each get the one thing they asked from Santa (the robot kit, the stuffed Bowser, the police car). That's a lot of presents already, and they haven't asked for very much specifically.

So I am thinking about getting all three a joint gift of http://www.walmart.com/ip/Medal-Sports-48-3-in-1-Billiards-Soccer-and-Slide-Hockey-Multi-Game-Table/21631409 and a family gift of some Nolan chairs from Target for the library, because we don't have any real furniture in there, and they spend so much time reading in the existing crappy uncomfortable cheap chairs. No gifts for me/DH, because of the family gift. I think I can get DH on board.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Arrived home at 3:30. Just waking up mow....slowly slowly said the sloth.

No big plans unles. Need to get some groceries and nap.
I hope you enjoy your nap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I think most of the people in the US are either travelling for the holiday, or out doing Black Friday/Saturday shopping. Me, we've been doing the holiday decor which is proving to be more work than I remember. We've actually done no holiday shopping at all. I may regret that later.

I am also eating the elephant one bite at a time. I've got the place caught up where I can do the little projects all over the house like you - this cabinet, that bookcase, etc.

DH is going to be doing work outside the house today (repair hole in shed roof, finish the leaves, etc) so I am going to try to tackle some of those projects. The girls have been making comic books all morning. I know that won't last and I will be refereeing fights on the Wii or something later. I really want to try some Kaboom on our old bathrooms to see if I can get the tile looking new again, but I'm going to the chiro in an hour so IDK if I can do that today.
I haven't gotten anything towards Christmas yet either.

I think it takes longer each year because there's more decorations to put out each year. I know I usually get something new each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
I am at my parent's house doing family things and running a few errands. We went to a sporting goods store and got Mari a pair of shoes for half price, and then went to Once Upon a Child and got Bella a pair of REAL Uggs for $14 plus everything on the clearance racks was 60% off (I didn't know that until I took it up to the counter) so got Bella 3 pair of jeans, a silver ON tutu/skirt, a sweatshirt and 6 l/s tees plus the boots for $30. I was excited because I stopped at a local version of TJ's and got vital wheat gluten, mexican oregano and garam masala. It is the little things
I have seen 6 aunts and uncles, 4 cousins and 2 grandmas in the last day and a half. So far it has been a good trip and I have been pleasantly surprised by everyone except for my Dad's mom. She is worse than I remembered but I guess the circumstances are extenuating.
Nice

Sorry about your grandma.

Quote:
Those are the kinds of hauls I get really excited about Jess. The nearest Once Upon a Child here is in a not so nice part of town, so I haven't gone. IDK why, I'll go in a ghetto Kmart or Walmart, but the little storefronts I am skeered of. Sorry about Dad's mom. Some people as they get older, and the senility slowly starts to sink in, they have all this frustration with their body and mind not doing what they want, and they wind up outwardly expressing that anger and frustration on everyone else - and they often can't even see it. Just don't take it personally, it is not directed at you or anybody specific for that matter.

I have been to the chiro, and looked at my xrays, which I haven't done in 20 years. Boy my back is messed UP. I didn't know you could even twist your spine like a corkscrew without significant injury. I'm guessing it's multiple PGs and carrying/nursing babies favoring one side most of the time. This explains so many things about my body now.

Fighting urges to go to IKEA. I want stuff, but they are doing BF sales too, and nothing I want is part of that so going there today would not be especially wise. We may do a Costco run though.
Sorry about your back...will Chiro help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Oh, she used to be my favorite person in the world, but she has decided to pick favorites and be judgemental for quite awhile. Right now she is living at my moms house spending 12 hours a day at a nursing home waiting for her favorite son to die, jeopardizing her own very shaky marriage in the process. But in any case, she chose to sit in her room with the door closed for two hours after breakfast yesterday rather than meet my children.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #16
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It seems my brother has the chance of getting an ipad2. So we'll get that for Heiner instead of the Nexus 10. It's less than half the price and just as good according to my brother.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, Jess, that is horrific. I have seen similar in my family before, and it's just as bad is dealing with an elderly with senility, and in many ways is worse. That is just straight up crazy driven by grief, and you can't fight crazy.

Ooh, iPad. I guess they work over there? I am so clueless when it comes to what electronics work where. And yeah, chiro can fix it but it is a slow fix and I have to supplement with exercises and stuff, ugh. If I had been going regularly all along like I should have, it wouldn't be so bad.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #18
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AW. I was going through the little kid books today, trying to find the authors of Ian's favorite books for Heidi's request for recommendations, and Ian asked what I was doing. Told him another mama was asking what little boys like to read, and I was sending her a list of his favorites. When I came back from the chiro, he gave me a stack of books. "What are these for?" "They are for the little boy to read. You must give them to him." I have such great kids. :beaming:
Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #19
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
AW. I was going through the little kid books today, trying to find the authors of Ian's favorite books for Heidi's request for recommendations, and Ian asked what I was doing. Told him another mama was asking what little boys like to read, and I was sending her a list of his favorites. When I came back from the chiro, he gave me a stack of books. "What are these for?" "They are for the little boy to read. You must give them to him." I have such great kids. :beaming:
Ohhh that's adorable!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sister, BIL, Nephew, and Craig Parker!!!