Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
42cgroves
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Graco MySize/ Size4Me or Car Seat Comparison Website?

I searched for this, if there is already a thread on this seat, point me in the right direction

DS is 10 months, 22lbs, about 29" and about to outgrow our Chicco Keyfit 30. I am looking to find a great convertible seat that is easy to install, reclines, is safe, and won't break the bank. We have an 06 Subaru Outback.

Thoughts on the Graco MySize/Size4Me? Looks like a great seat, but I have no experience with convertible seats.

Any great carseat comparison sites? I couldnt find one?

What are pros/cons of this seat vs MyRide and Britax Marathon?

Thanks!!!!!

Advertisement

42cgroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
clkcurlyq
Registered Users
seller

Re: Graco MySize/ Size4Me or Car Seat Comparison Website?

We have had the Graco My Size 70 for about 2 months now, and we love it. It's our first convertible, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I would buy it again. Some reviews I read complained that the harness is difficult to buckle. It takes a certain touch, but once you get used to it, you shouldn't have any troubles. The harness/buckle system is very similar to the Graco Snugride. It is really easy to adjust the height of the seat. We have it installed in a 2012 Impreza, and it fits great. Installation was easy. We also stuck it in the back seat of our 2004 Civic (2 door), and it appeared to fit well (although we didn't fully install it).
clkcurlyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

The s4m is having lots of issues with the harness tightening well too. But not all it sounds like. It is a very tall seat...so you will likely be able to rear face for a good long time in it! It has a tall harness for forward facing. It is fairly narrow (for it's size) so may puzzle better with other seats if you ever need other seats in the car.

It is taller rfing and ffing than the myride. the myride also tends to be very reclined when ffing. But it is an awesome seat as well and very highly recommended by lots of people. I love the myride, but it is a bit big in our car.

The Marathon is also a nice seat. Any of the britax convertibles are very easy to install and use (not that the others aren't). The britax fit well in smaller cars rfing because they take up less front to bak space. But they aren't as tall as others on the market and tend to really cramp the legs for kids when rfing.

All 3 are good seats for different reasons. BRU carries all in stores. I suggest going to the store and trying them out. Try them in your car as well. Try them ffing and rfing so you know how it will fit in the future. Which ever you like best, go with. Or look at other seats. I would stay away from the 3-1 seats and the graco comfortsport. Otherwise....you almost can't go wrong it the seat fits the child and your car and will be used correctly 100% of the time.

Last edited by solarbabies; 11-24-2012 at 07:10 PM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Greenwife
Registered Users
seller
seller

I second the suggestion to try them out in your car before buying. We have an '03 Subaru Legacy Wagon and have a MyRide and a new Britax Boulevard. We've had the MyRide longer and it has been an easy install in every vehicle I have tried, both with LATCH and seatbelts. My 2 yo DD is 22 lbs, 32", RF, and has several inches to go still on height. It has a more reclining angle, but she doesn't seem to mind and always looks comfy in it and it's easy to get her in and out.

We bought the Boulevard to use in the Subaru and it was not a good fit. I've had to use multiple towels underneath to get the seat level and once it is installed, the space to get her in and out of the door is about 10", so I had to turn her at a weird angle to slide her in. It was awkward, she didn't want to get in it and half the time when she would fall asleep, she'd have head droop. We switched it to the other car and put the MyRide in and it's been much better. I'm not sure if the Marathon sticks out less on the sides - if so, there would be more space to get a kid in and out. It seems to be the angle of the door opening on our Subaru.

Try before you buy, if you can!
Greenwife is offline   Reply With Quote