Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #61
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HSing Check-In Nov. 25--Dec. 7

Hey ladies, anyone use ETC online? I have a son who needs less writing but more practice with phonics... Just curious if its worth it.

We haven't started school today. Spent the morning cleaning.

Advertisement

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #62
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

School went over pretty well again this morning. As far a Christmas break, we will probably only take a few days off. We don't have any huge Christmas plans, so we'll probably just take off here and there when we have something going or need a break. We will definatly be off the 24th and 25....everything other than that will be played by ear.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #63
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Edible Earth is on the menu tonight for dessert. Well, after I add the chocolate crust.

Anyone else do fun recipes for schoolwork?
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #64
croark
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=thirdtimemomma;15999695]Oo.. prepping is fun.. what are u picking?
QUOTE]

For 5th grade:
Math U See
Bringing the Classics to Life (reading)
Spelling Workout
Five Finger Paragraph (for writing)
Mystery of History
InquisiKids Discover and Do Science

For K:
A mix of Explode the Code and Lifepac
Math U See

Tallanvor, I don't really like being organized. And I'm usually not! Being organized makes me get stuff done. But these days my life feels like chaos. And though I despise schedules and lesson plans, alas, it's got to happen. I need my 5th grader working more independently so the lesson plans are for her to follow.
croark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #65
croark
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
Hey ladies, anyone use ETC online? I have a son who needs less writing but more practice with phonics... Just curious if its worth it.

We haven't started school today. Spent the morning cleaning.
I'm curious about ETC online as well......
croark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #66
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

We got all of our school work done this morning plus made a trip to the laundromat, due to our broken washer, before lunch today. So far the kids have had pretty good attitudes this week.
As far as the ETC online goes, I had never heard of it until I read these posts. I spent some time looking at the online version. It looks pretty cool, but way out of my price range. I do use the workbooks with my 3 oldest and I like them, but my kids don't. I was actually looking for something more computer based for after the 1st of the year and will probably be using Funnix. It is definitely not as expensive as the ETC. I can buy it once and use it for all of my kids. The ETC Online has a yearly fee and you can only use it for more than 1 child if the 1st has completed the program. It sounds like it's set up to use in a classroom setting. Don't know if that helps anyone. It's just my take on it.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #67
HMinshall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
We've tried starfall before. I'll check on the second one. I was hoping for something all exclusive like switched on schoolhouse.
theheadoftheclass.com Don't know if anyone else has suggested it, but I thought of it while reading your post.
HMinshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #68
HMinshall
Registered Users
seller

Both of my children use Explode the Code online....I really enjoy it, since it tracks what htey have trouble with and gives me reports. More than one child can use it. You also can get a cheaper subsciption price through homeschoolbuyersco-op
HMinshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #69
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMinshall View Post
Both of my children use Explode the Code online....I really enjoy it, since it tracks what htey have trouble with and gives me reports. More than one child can use it. You also can get a cheaper subsciption price through homeschoolbuyersco-op

Really... Now that's a thought. He played on the samples yesterday and really enjoyed it.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #70
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can I just say ugly week. No one is cooperating and I think I am giving up on getting anything done. We are barely getting core subjects in let alone history or science. I hate weeks like this. Sigh.....Kearnan has been in a foul mood all week and I had to call and have Tharen's meds bumped up again because he was alternating between bouncing off of the walls and arguing with every word out of my mouth. Friday Kearnan has an OT eval, I don't even know what I want to hear from the therapist at this point.

Sorry to be such a downer, this year of school just hasn't been going well. I don't know if it is the ages or if I am just burning out. Perhaps we all need some sort of change. I wish I could buy a car so at the very least I didn't feel so stressed about therapy appts.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote