Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,892
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
It is going super fast! I go back again for my US Friday so everybody keep your fingers crossed they were guessing wrong and it's a boy!!

We only have 3 bedrooms, I think we'll put the 3 and 2 year old together. DD1 is basically deaf when we take her implants off at night so I don't worry about anyone waking her, and she almost never wakes crying. Plus that'll make it easier for DH to put them both to bed while I'm nursing the baby. And they won't wake the baby at night, and I won't wake them when I go nurse.

We also ordered DD1 a big girl bed. Actually a bunk bed you can also use as 2 twins. We'll only set up the bottom for now. I almost cried. I can't believe my baby's so big!!

And in case I wasn't stressed enough by the US and STILL waiting to hear when DH will be unemployed, we got a phone call from the neurologist Friday saying DD1s bloodwork came back normal. THEN while we were out got ANOTHER call saying call us back but they closed at noon on Friday!! I have no idea why they would need to call again!
hope they were wrong! And hope everything is ok!

I have laryngitis. Not excited since it's viral and there's nothing to do but rest my voice, and drink tea. So we are watching The Santa Claus and relaxing today.

Advertisement

__________________
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
RunawayBunny's Avatar
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

Has anyone had a baby and toddler share a room? I'm trying to figure out what to do with our house, and that's what I'm leaning towards... Really don't want to give up my "momma" space
No idea, but it you try it let me know how it works! Our next house may only have three bedrooms. If thats the case we may try the two kids together so we can still have a guest/craft bedroom. DH is definitely gonna lose his office...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt
Wow, cannot believe the time is flying by now! We were in the city yesterday, found out we are having a GIRL! Took the kids to see Santa and to a lite up holiday parade! By the time we got home I was feeling so lousy, I'm at the ED right now(no urgent care around here) because I'm positive I have strep :-( my throat hurts SO bad.
But hoping I can make it through the day, we wanted to go get our Christmas tree today, since DSD is with her mom next weekend and they're only open weekends.
Girl! Yay! Congrats! Sorry about the lyran... Nothing worse than being pregnant, sick, and having kids to care for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie
I'm just fine with time flying by... I'm now facing the very real possibility of being laid off. An industry slow down has hit... it's not very happy place around my office these days. So the longer time flys by with me still working the better. Surprisingly though I'm not all that worried over this... I'm exploring my options and took advantage of Black Friday sales to fill out the baby gear so I won't have to worry about big purchases later.
I am sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully it works out. Glad you have a positive attitude! What'd you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
It is going super fast! I go back again for my US Friday so everybody keep your fingers crossed they were guessing wrong and it's a boy!!

We also ordered DD1 a big girl bed. Actually a bunk bed you can also use as 2 twins. We'll only set up the bottom for now. I almost cried. I can't believe my baby's so big!!

And in case I wasn't stressed enough by the US and STILL waiting to hear when DH will be unemployed, we got a phone call from the neurologist Friday saying DD1s bloodwork came back normal. THEN while we were out got ANOTHER call saying call us back but they closed at noon on Friday!! I have no idea why they would need to call again!
Fx on gender! Does your DD know about the bed? Is she excited? I was always jealous my bros had bunk beds. That missing phone call has got to be so frustrating!

Afm: my in-laws just left. DS cried. I wanted to. I try to live in the moment and not wish away DS's childhood or this pregnancy, but I look forward to April and May every day. They did wear me out, though! I need some relaxed tv time!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posts: 347
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I am sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully it works out. Glad you have a positive attitude! What'd you get?
Hmm lets see... it was a fun bit of mad shopping I kept track of how much i was spending but less of what i actually got.

First I filled out the diaper stash a bit. Swim Diaper, some fleece and new born covers and decided to try out the ME Wizard diapers since they were $40% off.

Then just on a whim i hit up Once Upon a child they were having a black Friday sale too and for $52 I came home with a pack and play (w/bassinet insert and matching sheet), 4 E/VG-UC Polar bummis (this was actually great because I thought the pack only had 3 in it so the 4th was all bonus) 3 E/VG-UC G-diapers complete with pouches, 7 g-cloth inserts and a full pack of g inserts. (i'm so going back to that location for their Christmas sale now)

I also did Ikea and got crib mattress, and some other decor stuff for the nursery but they weren't on sale just needed.

The only really big purchase left is a stroller... I'd like a City Mini. But I'm holding off until after Christmas since I've told all my relatives I want BRU gift cards for Christmas and assuming I make it until Christmas at work the company usually does Mall Gift Cards for all employees. So hopefully I will be able to cover most of that with gift cards.

Defiantly not freaking out... but would really rather stay employed.
__________________
Kendall Marie - Single Mother By Choice to Baby Boy G Born March 27, 2013
KendallMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
momneedssupport's Avatar
momneedssupport
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 3,092
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Im making my ds 5 and dd 2 share a room until thus boy I s big enough for a bunk bed, the the boys will share. Im concerned these two will make room sharing unbearable. Im keeping my fx though.
__________________
Cecili :wave2: Wife to Bryan (5-15-04) Momma to Brayden (2-5-08) Clara Reece (11-24-10)
And Bennett Lane (3-27-13)
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #15
mibarra
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
Fx on gender! Does your DD know about the bed? Is she excited? I was always jealous my bros had bunk beds. That missing phone call has got to be so frustrating!
She is. I narrowed it down to 2 beds and let her pick. We won't set up the top bunk til DD2 is ready for a big girl bed. The last thing I need is my 3 year old wild woman taking a header off the top bunk! ;P
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
momneedssupport's Avatar
momneedssupport
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 3,092
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Time is flying, now that the 1st tri is over. I cant beloeve im 22 weeks this week. I am not ready for a newborn.....its so hard to be nursing non stop with little sleep....anf 2 other kids at home. Ahhhhh. Iget stressed thinking about it.
__________________
Cecili :wave2: Wife to Bryan (5-15-04) Momma to Brayden (2-5-08) Clara Reece (11-24-10)
And Bennett Lane (3-27-13)
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Hey everryone!!!! Just stopping in to say we drove to NJ and back for Thanksgiving. It was good to see everyone. It was a long car ride the kiddos did great and we are all so happy to be back home!!!!!

Other than that I am obviously exhausted! and we are gearing up for our vaca in DisneyWorld! Then Christmas!!!!!

I am not admitting it is all going fast--ok maybe I will! Still not feeling baby as much as I would like.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #18
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,892
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Disney World! I'm so jealous! Glad your trip went well!!! We were planning a Disney trip next fall but now might wait. Though I'm thinking it might be easier to go with a not-mobile infant then waiting 6 months and have a mobile toddler!
__________________
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
It is going super fast! I go back again for my US Friday so everybody keep your fingers crossed they were guessing wrong and it's a boy!!

We only have 3 bedrooms, I think we'll put the 3 and 2 year old together. DD1 is basically deaf when we take her implants off at night so I don't worry about anyone waking her, and she almost never wakes crying. Plus that'll make it easier for DH to put them both to bed while I'm nursing the baby. And they won't wake the baby at night, and I won't wake them when I go nurse.

And in case I wasn't stressed enough by the US and STILL waiting to hear when DH will be unemployed, we got a phone call from the neurologist Friday saying DD1s bloodwork came back normal. THEN while we were out got ANOTHER call saying call us back but they closed at noon on Friday!! I have no idea why they would need to call again!
for ya.

The only baby of ours that had its own room right away was DD, after that, they've all been with us as newborns up to a year (or more). If you want baby to have its own room, though, it sounds like the older 2 would do fine together.

That's really strange about the phone calls. Hopefully it's nothing at all, just some weird "thought we didn't call you but we all ready did" thing. Have you tried calling today yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Afm: my in-laws just left. DS cried. I wanted to. I try to live in the moment and not wish away DS's childhood or this pregnancy, but I look forward to April and May every day. They did wear me out, though! I need some relaxed tv time!


Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
First I filled out the diaper stash a bit. Swim Diaper, some fleece and new born covers and decided to try out the ME Wizard diapers since they were $40% off.

Then just on a whim i hit up Once Upon a child they were having a black Friday sale too and for $52 I came home with a pack and play (w/bassinet insert and matching sheet), 4 E/VG-UC Polar bummis (this was actually great because I thought the pack only had 3 in it so the 4th was all bonus) 3 E/VG-UC G-diapers complete with pouches, 7 g-cloth inserts and a full pack of g inserts. (i'm so going back to that location for their Christmas sale now)

Defiantly not freaking out... but would really rather stay employed.
for some good deals!

I'm sorry about your job unsure-ness. That really stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Time is flying, now that the 1st tri is over. I cant beloeve im 22 weeks this week. I am not ready for a newborn.....its so hard to be nursing non stop with little sleep....anf 2 other kids at home. Ahhhhh. Iget stressed thinking about it.
It all works out. Don't stress, just go with the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Hey everryone!!!! Just stopping in to say we drove to NJ and back for Thanksgiving. It was good to see everyone. It was a long car ride the kiddos did great and we are all so happy to be back home!!!!!

Other than that I am obviously exhausted! and we are gearing up for our vaca in DisneyWorld! Then Christmas!!!!!

I am not admitting it is all going fast--ok maybe I will! Still not feeling baby as much as I would like.
Glad your travels went well - good luck on the next one! about not feeling movement like you want to - totally understand ya there.

AFM: So darn today. Argh.
Other than that, just trying to get the house back in order and the laundry caught up after being away - 2 days, only one night... but jeepers, stuff piles up quick!
I got DH to scan our u/s pics this morning, so I'm gonna post them in the other thread in a minute
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 25th - Dec 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Disney World! I'm so jealous! Glad your trip went well!!! We were planning a Disney trip next fall but now might wait. Though I'm thinking it might be easier to go with a not-mobile infant then waiting 6 months and have a mobile toddler!
I here you on the mobile toddler. DD is very content just staying in the stroller and having others entertain her so no worries there. But my 5 yr old and 3 yr old should be interesting. I am bringing the double stroller so ds2 and dd will be in that. Ds1--well nothing slows him down so it should be interesting to see if he gets tired.

I have been asking to go to Disney since dh and I got together and one day he was like, "Why don't you plan that trip to Disney." I was in shock but I was not going to miss the oppurtunity.

I am happy to here u/s are going good. I will have another one next month bc dd would not give us a shot of the bottom of here spine and 2 chambers of her heart bc of the yoga she insisted on doing while the u/s was taking place. So excited to see baby again.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.