Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #101
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Think Christmas (or other winter holiday)~ Nov 25-Dec 1

I was off sewing. I whipped up a maternity friendly corduroy skirt tonight. Just past my ankles so nice and warm. Need some nice warm wool knee socks to wear with it!

Advertisement

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #102
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
I was a good girl in the plucky upload and only got yarn for http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/camptown-races
Are you going to do chevrons or stripes?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #103
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
I don't see how they can make rules when they aren't the ones pregnant.

So today's issue, the kitchen sink decided it was done. Luckily I was in the basement and heard the dripping right away so it is bucket fixed right now. Probably real fixed tomorrow.
Neither do I. But only one member present has actually had a baby during the life of the group. I had mine before (and all my m/c) and the rest are either childless or grandmothers or just like me (joined after kids). I am the only member pregnant or even trying to get pregnant.
I think it was one of those conversations we can all have without really thinking. If you haven't experienced it you never know how lonely and depressing it can be. And because I haven't said well no this is a wrong way of thinking/acting nothing has changed.

I should have taken along my pee stick and peed on it there (in the bathroom). It would have been a very bonding moment.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #104
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
woke up to rain and cold weather. Tidying up the house before settling to an afternoon of knitting.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #105
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

My Mum is still at the hospital. She has a lung infection and is dehydrated but they don't know whether it is bacterial or viral. We are supposed to get a call when she is coming home.
She has been chronically ill her whole life and is actually disabled (so can't work) but she can do all the housweork/cooking/cleaning for my two adult brothers (28 and 31) and the older one's partner who all live with her and have never left home. She qualifies for home help as she actually can't walk (and she is getting worse) but can't get it since my brothers live there. One has no job but neither do anything. Her lawns are waist high as no-one will pay to get them mowed. We can't do it (she lives 5 houses down) as 1) it is enabling behaviour and 2) my brother (31) has a conviction for possession of child ****ography I found out about from the local paper. I will not go anywhere near him, it's just not safe for my children.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #106
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz
My Mum is still at the hospital. She has a lung infection and is dehydrated but they don't know whether it is bacterial or viral. We are supposed to get a call when she is coming home.
She has been chronically ill her whole life and is actually disabled (so can't work) but she can do all the housweork/cooking/cleaning for my two adult brothers (28 and 31) and the older one's partner who all live with her and have never left home. She qualifies for home help as she actually can't walk (and she is getting worse) but can't get it since my brothers live there. One has no job but neither do anything. Her lawns are waist high as no-one will pay to get them mowed. We can't do it (she lives 5 houses down) as 1) it is enabling behaviour and 2) my brother (31) has a conviction for possession of child ****ography I found out about from the local paper. I will not go anywhere near him, it's just not safe for my children.
Oh man. That's so unfortunate. I feel for you. The other day my youngest brother who is 29 and never worked a full time job for more than 6 months a year in his whole life said to my other brother and Dad (both more than workaholics, self employed AND working for others at the same time their whole adult lives!) that he is the only one in the family to know what it means to work for a living. Rb heard the conversation but wasn't a part of it but my dad told my brother he doesn't even know what real work is. And he doesn't!! He had never lived outside of my parents house even though he has owned his own home for going on 3 years. He is such a loser it's not even funny and he is constantly trying to cause trouble within the family.

Bottom line is. I feel for you.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #107
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sweater is done. Needs some more finishing work and the sleeves redone but that will all have to happen post block. It's done enough to turn in.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #108
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

back from the inlaws. And I'm so ready for bed. Printed out Steven's invites...since we aren't allowed to email or send out invites to school guess I have to go hunt the parents down during pickup. Don't know what I'll do for the bus riders.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #109
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh and joined in the round on steven's sweater.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #110
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pics? My sock knitting is boring me, I want to see yours
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote