Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Miscarrying...is it possible I am done?

I miscarried my first pregnancy over 14 ears ago. It was sudden. I started cramping very badly for a few hours, then passed a baseball size mass and bled for a couple of days. It was over. I was between six and eight weeks.

I have had several dc since, but it has been nine years since I have been pg. I was six weeks and three days when I started spotting brown. The doc felt sure it was just implantation, but since my progesterone levels were low, put me on Progestrium and bed rest. The next day I started bleeding like a light period. I did that for five days. The next day was back to brown spotting. The next I did not bleed at all. Today, I have had brown spotting again. In the whole process I have passed just a few almond sized and smaller clots, no mass. I have had no cramping in days and it was never very bad.

I had blood work done one week after the bleeding started, and my hcg levels have plummeted, so doc says that I am definitely miscarrying. I knew I was so it wasn't a shock. All of my pg symptoms disappeared a day or two before I started spotting. I do have a physical exam next week so doc can make sure I have passed everything.

Is it possible that my body is done? I have been expecting this to get worse, but the physical part of it has just been annoying at worst. I was in the same time frame with the baby I lost years ago and it was much more physically traumatic. Or, after well over a week of this, is there most likely still more to experience? I am emotionally sad, but accepting. I think the lack of physical closure is making it worse emotionally.

Advertisement

mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Miscarrying...is it possible I am done?

I had similar...lots of spotting/light bleeding, dropping levels, etc and thought that was it. And then had 2 days of gushing where I couldn't leave the bathroom for more than a minute or 2. I was 10 weeks when it happened though, so it could be much different at 6 weeks.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree View Post
I miscarried my first pregnancy over 14 ears ago. It was sudden. I started cramping very badly for a few hours, then passed a baseball size mass and bled for a couple of days. It was over. I was between six and eight weeks.

I have had several dc since, but it has been nine years since I have been pg. I was six weeks and three days when I started spotting brown. The doc felt sure it was just implantation, but since my progesterone levels were low, put me on Progestrium and bed rest. The next day I started bleeding like a light period. I did that for five days. The next day was back to brown spotting. The next I did not bleed at all. Today, I have had brown spotting again. In the whole process I have passed just a few almond sized and smaller clots, no mass. I have had no cramping in days and it was never very bad.

I had blood work done one week after the bleeding started, and my hcg levels have plummeted, so doc says that I am definitely miscarrying. I knew I was so it wasn't a shock. All of my pg symptoms disappeared a day or two before I started spotting. I do have a physical exam next week so doc can make sure I have passed everything.

Is it possible that my body is done? I have been expecting this to get worse, but the physical part of it has just been annoying at worst. I was in the same time frame with the baby I lost years ago and it was much more physically traumatic. Or, after well over a week of this, is there most likely still more to experience? I am emotionally sad, but accepting. I think the lack of physical closure is making it worse emotionally.
I have had several losses and one of them was exactly like you described. It was around 6 weeks also.
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you are going through this
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote