Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Monday

The worst about that is it's the same price in Germany on Amazon.de

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all. Had busy productive morning at home before school.

Got dinner in the crockpot (beef stew) laundry changed around, dishwasher unloaded, breakfast for me. Got everyone dressed (MH and me) and out the door to school on time.

Many teachers still out today.

Mel, Erin Black got engaged over the break to Phil who is now living and teaching here and bought a house.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last night we used the nebulizer on Ian for the first time. And again this morning. I only see a nominal improvement. I hate whenever there is a drastic weather change this coughy mcgee thing happens. So we are skipping swimming today and I'm trying to get the house in order.

Speaking of, I've got the laundry/mudroom halfway done. IDK why these people can't put their shoes/jackets/bags away. And then the shelof on top of the w/d, it is just a huge dumping ground. Did I mention that room is not insulated, therefore is 10-15 degrees colder than the rest of the house? I am SO glad I made DH put that door on that room to the living room, I had no idea.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #14
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl, in our house it is MH's job to put all (including mine and Jerry's) the shoes/boots away before bed. Then at the same time Jerry and I make sure the coats, hats, mittens, gloves are put away as well. This is part the bedtime routine. She has to do it, she has learned that everyone in the house has jobs and that is one of her's. She and I do it before nap on the weekend too.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl, in our house it is MH's job to put all (including mine and Jerry's) the shoes/boots away before bed. Then at the same time Jerry and I make sure the coats, hats, mittens, gloves are put away as well. This is part the bedtime routine. She has to do it, she has learned that everyone in the house has jobs and that is one of her's. She and I do it before nap on the weekend too.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, that part of the routine got away from us. Part of the problem is I have two shoe cubbies and two coat racks at their height. It's actually enough to fit all their stuff but if it was three of each, it would be easier on them to put theirs on their rack, and easier for me to tell who is not putting their stuff up. I can get another shoe cubbie but I don't have room for another rack at their height. I used to make them lay out backpacks/coats/bats/mitts before bed, but then it was in the way of DH and I to relax in the evening. I think I need to sit in the laundry room for a while and try to see if there is another way to rearrange things.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I dug around and I think I can put another low coat rack in there. Right now I have two of those plastic drawer towers, one for socks and one for hats/gloves. But if get rid of them, and put the socks and hats/gloves in bins on top of their shoe cubbies, then I have room for the third rack. I of course don't have the right size bins though on hand. And I am still not sure where I am going to be hanging the wet snow bibs once that happens.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my getting kids back on task after a week off...forgot what a chore that is...
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

December is just a nightmare for me with the kids. IDK how the teachers et al do it, honestly. It is nothing but disruption of routine and random sugar overload and constant overstimulation. I thought I had the calendar all planned out then BAM the choir teacher just sent me the month's stuff. I am beginning to be totally relieved only Rosie decided to be in the choir.

I just keep chipping away at the laundry room, and it's almost where it needs to be (minus the stuff I need to buy). Really all that's left is the top of the freezer and the weird cabinets above the w/d. They are not very deep, and each shelf is not very tall. So it has become this weird dumping ground for tools, parts, screws/hardware, small bottles of glues and other utility liquids that can't be stored in the garage, etc. I hate that this room nobody but us sees requires so much effort. I have so many other hotspots that are greatly visible eyesores in the house.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe because we have no hidden rooms it is easier to stay on these things. Especially since I got Jerry a bin where I can dump stuff I don't want to deal with. The bin looks nice and no one know what is inside! When he needs something he goes through his bin. If it gets too full I put it in the middle of his studio floor and he knows he needs to deal with it. Mostly we don't have hot spots. Don't have the space for them. Everything has a place and if we make a pass at bath or bedtime each night it all get back in its place. MH has her jobs: her toys, the shoes/boots of everyone, helping dust when I clean, etc. I grew up with jobs and she will do the same. I have to prompt her but she eventually gets it done.