Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #21
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Totally Misrepresented Items??

They appear to be GUC to me. Pilling is normal wear IMO and I think the bummis looks to be EUC.

Advertisement

Last edited by marliah; 11-26-2012 at 01:18 PM.
marliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #22
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Considering the price, I don't think you got ripped off or anything. I'd say the firs 2t covers are accurately discribed (they looks GUC to me) The bummis could be EUC or VGUC, it all depends on that persons judgement. Pills should have been mentioned, but I don't think they're totally misrepresented. I don't personally think she owes you anything back if it was all that for only $8ppd - it's basically FFS. Next time, ask LOTS of questions. EUC/VGUC/GUC is all objective.

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 11-26-2012 at 02:08 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #23
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I might FFS them if I didn't just give them away locally to save myself the trouble. :/

Thanks for the advice!

I *think* the EUC was referring to the Bummis cover, but even that is not "excellent". Pilling =/= excellence. I would be really upset if I bought an "excellent" sweater for myself that was pilly.

I am not upset about the price - and the price does reflect their ACTUAL condition - I am more upset about the dishonesty/lack of disclosure and the principle. I would've rather spent $8 on a cover I would USE than get a "great deal" on something I won't use. Kwim?

She had plenty of opportunity in the pms we exchanged in which I asked specifics (but apparently not the right ones!) to mention that the edges were pilly. And she didn't. I mean, I obviously didn't think of it at the time, but that seems to be a pretty standard check point in diaper descriptions! I just feel like she conveniently excluded that info.
All of that definitely look usable to me..
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #24
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Why is it not usable? I missed that part before, I don't see why you can't use them.

BTW: If the pilling on the foe bothers you, you can take a pair of scissors and clip off any pilliness and it will be good as new.

Last edited by booty hunter; 11-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.
booty hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
mayasmomma
Registered Users
seller

I also don't understand why you wouldn't use them. They are in good condition, especially for used. They are adorable, it would be a waste. I hope if you don't use them you find a good home for them. I don't think from the posting that the seller was being dishonest - you both probably have very different opinions on what good condition means.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #26
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

I think she misrepresented them, but it also is a fair price for what you got so it's kind of iffy. Maybe this is good condition to her, it's very subjective. I probably would have put "looks worn, but functions well" if it were my post. I think she was assuming that you knew they wouldn't be in great shape for the price, and her "good" referred to function. It probably cost her at least $4-5 or more to ship them. It wouldn't even be worth it to send them back, you would get almost nothing if you got a refund. I don't think she was descriptive enough, but I don't think she tried to lie or be misleading. So what can you do.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #27
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would just let her know that she may want to be more detailed in her descriptions. Not worth getting a refund and shipping back like others have said. I know what you mean when you say that you don't want to use them. They may be usable, but it just feels like a bummer to get something that isn't what you expected . Maybe once you give those gussets a shave, it will look a lot better-worth a try!
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Thank you ladies for all of the input! I think I know how I'm going to handle this and I've definitely learned to be more specific with questions for future transactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongwoman
I know what you mean when you say that you don't want to use them. They may be usable, but it just feels like a bummer to get something that isn't what you expected . Maybe once you give those gussets a shave, it will look a lot better-worth a try!
This is *exactly* how I feel. I NEVER said they weren't *usable*, just that I probably wouldn't use them myself. I was disappointed - but I will definitely try a little trim around the edges. Thanks!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
Pilly edges are normal for aplix diapers. I can see why she may not have mentioned it. I have probably sold many aplix diapers and not said anything about pilly edges. I use almost all aplix so that is normal and not something I would make a big deal over.

I really don't think she was being dishonest espeically not on purpose. Unless you specifically asked if the gussets were pilly and she said no then yes she was dishonest.

I don't understand why you cant use them. They are still very functional diapers. the issues are purely cosmetic.
All of this. Pilly is normal for aplix diapers, and that's really not that bad. Either pull at it, or take some scissors and cut them off and they'll be like new again. These diapers are fully functional.

But I don't think she was being dishonest at all. Nor do I think they are totally misrepresented. In fact, you can see the pillyness in one of the pictures on the flower diaper, so it's not like she was hiding it.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #30
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

sounds like you've decided what you want to do... I'd just like to weigh in on giving her the benefit of the doubt and send a message-- if you either want to point out your difference of opinion or if you want something from her-- before doing something like a negative rating or contacting a mod.

I think you said you gave them away locally. I think that was really nice of you and surely made someone you know happy for $8. I understand it was a bummer to get (even if it was a good deal- just not for you), but maybe that gift was just what your friend needed today. Just looking for the silver lining...
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote