Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
VW Beetle?

My kids are both rf'ing. One is in a Britax marathon 70 and the other is in a My Ride. We may possibly have to take the offer of a friend for a very cheap vw beetle (diesel) since the timing belt took out the engine on our van.
Has anyone ever successfully rf'd in a beetle? Any comments on the whole diesel issue (we live in Me).
Thanks

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: VW Beetle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsa View Post
My kids are both rf'ing. One is in a Britax marathon 70 and the other is in a My Ride. We may possibly have to take the offer of a friend for a very cheap vw beetle (diesel) since the timing belt took out the engine on our van.
Has anyone ever successfully rf'd in a beetle? Any comments on the whole diesel issue (we live in Me).
Thanks
We didn't think it was possible but we have our 2 RFing seats in our 2003 beetle. Ours isn't a diesel though so I can't comment on that. We have a RFing True Fit Premier behind the drivers seat (without the headrest because DS is still little--I don't think there is any way it would fit with the headrest on) and a My Ride behind the passenger seat. I was able to sit in the passenger seat pretty comfortably (I'm 5'2") but DH said he was pretty uncomfortable in the drivers seat (he's about 5'7").

We are going to sell our beetle soon for something with a little more room. I'm not sure how safe it is for the driver if we were in a wreck because you're pretty close to the steering wheel. We also have to put the kids in the seats from the tops of the seats (not sure how to explain that or if that makes sense). The Britax may be a better fit though. Can you try the seats in the car before buying?

Last edited by jessca06; 10-04-2012 at 04:05 PM.
jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm 5'3" but dh is 6'2".... hmmm yes we can stop in at the dealership tomorrow and try it. I'm not sure what year the car is though.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were able to fit my ds front facing behind daddy in the Eddie Bauer and DD rearfacing behind me in the Britax marathon. The My Ride doesn't fit behind Dh at all and would only fit ff in behind me. If dh has to ride in the passenger we either have to switch the car seats or let him be a sardine look a like.. lol!