Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #31
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NIP completely exposed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
To play devil's advocate:
If breasts are not sexual, why is exposing two any worse than exposing one? You can't have it both ways. Either breast feeding in public is normal or it's indecent.

Maybe she wore a shirt that was difficult to adjust, or maybe her kid (like mine) liked to switch back and forth every two minutes.

IDK what shirt you have on completely exposing two breasts to feed one baby on one bood is not necessary. Even if she had a regular bra on you can feed one baby on one boob with a regular bra and not have to pull the 2nd bood out too. I do it all the time.

You can have it both ways. Breasts are sexual and used for feeding.

Completely exposing two breast in the middle of a restraunt in full view of the entire restraunt is indecent. She very easily could have only used one and kept the other covered with ehr shirt. or even her bra.

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #32
cbreeding
Registered Users

I would probably be a little taken aback as it's not something I see very often, but it's just a breast. I'm in full control of my head and neck and can look away. Or if I was very uncomfortable, I could ask to be seated elsewhere. NIP in any way, shape, or form is okay in my book, and even though the behavior as described by the OP is not something that is even the norm for women who do NIP, it is her right to feed her baby as needed. Therefore it is on me to deal with my uncomfortableness not her.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #33
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreeding
I would probably be a little taken aback as it's not something I see very often, but it's just a breast. I'm in full control of my head and neck and can look away. Or if I was very uncomfortable, I could ask to be seated elsewhere. NIP in any way, shape, or form is okay in my book, and even though the behavior as described by the OP is not something that is even the norm for women who do NIP, it is her right to feed her baby as needed. Therefore it is on me to deal with my uncomfortableness not her.
Hear, hear!

I think lots of things are uncomfortable to watch - smoking, wedgie-adjustment, nose-picking. None of them are illegal and it's my choice to be bothered or to look away/ignore the behavior. (note, I am not in any way comparing breast feeding to the aforementioned habits!)
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #34
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's unnecessary. She doesn't need to have both her ta-tas hanging out to feed ONE baby. I NIP all the time, and haven't used a cover once but there is a way to be discreet about it. No one ever sees my nipple or other breast. All they can see (if they choose to look) is a very tiny portion of my breast (given the right angle) and my stomach.

ETA: It wouldn't bother me, but I do think she's doing it to make a statement, not just feed her baby. That's what bothers me.

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 11-29-2012 at 09:38 AM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #35
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
To play devil's advocate:
If breasts are not sexual, why is exposing two any worse than exposing one? You can't have it both ways. Either breast feeding in public is normal or it's indecent.

Maybe she wore a shirt that was difficult to adjust, or maybe her kid (like mine) liked to switch back and forth every two minutes.
I think breast are sexual. But, they are meant to feed babies first. I don't see breastfeeding as a sexual act or indecency.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #36
k_21
Registered Users

Ugh. This is what makes me so nervous to NIP sometimes, because a few people make a big show out of it and make it awkward for the rest of us. I love being able to go out and do things and talk to people while I nurse since it takes up a big chunk of my day, but I cover up the best I can. Seems like most mamas do NIP discretely, so I'd guess the majority of women would agree with you.
k_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #37
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
She lifted her shirt up baring both breasts, and started feeding in front of literally 90-100 men and boys. She was talking to me and I was even embarrassed and I was a stripper at one time!
Wow. Deleted my comment. But, that's a nasty comparison.

Eh, maybe my perception is skewed. I'm German and boob are boobs. If men (can) have them, and go topless, who cares?

Last edited by Kätzchen; 12-04-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #38
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think it is a natural function, but at the same tome I understand people's opinions on it.

I NIP with a cover, because I feel uncomfortable whipping my boob out for the world to see. Lets be honest they don't always latch right away haha. I know that I've been surprised to see a woman nurse in public without a cover, no disgusted but just surprised. It seems like something private in my head, even though I low it's not really. It makes my step sons uncomfortable when they catch me nursing, even with a cover. Breasts are viewed as nudity in most western cultures, and it's hard to get past that.

I guess I wouldn't want to make other people uncomfortable, and I would expect the same courtesy. Plus I don't want everyone seeing something that is reserved for my husbands eyes only haha.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #39
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellasundies View Post
I have no idea why she needed to bare both breasts to feed one child.
that is how my one child liked to nurse, nurse + twiddle, had to be both exposed or screamed. SOOOOo although I am 100% NIP supportive, I nursed in the car or elsewhere (also nice having my pillow, ahhhhh comfort!)

I did NIP sometimes, when she was younger and less picky and got screamed even when not showing anything, but quit later on unless it was a "have no choice" and I did it the no show method.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #40
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Wow. Deleted my comment. But, that's a nasty comparison.

Eh, maybe my perception is skewed. I'm German and boob are boobs. If men (can) have them, and go topless, who cares?
I am from the EU, it's just a different culture in the USA and every area is different. Some german (and british) TV shows would be p*rn here. It's a cultural difference.