Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #41
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
As a nursing mom, I try to be considerate of others and aware of my surroundings. I often NIP w/o a cover, but I use a cover at church because I don't want to make someone else in the congregation uncomfortable if I happen to sit nearby and accidentally flash a nipple.

Most of the time, I wear a tank top under my shirt so I don't expose belly (because it makes me more comfortable). And I certainly have never exposed both breasts at once to nurse, unless I was at home & just got out of a shower or something. Seems like that is going out of your way to call attention to your NIP. I prefer to be subtle. No big deal, normal behavior, not "hey look over here, I'm nursing!"

:shrug:

Advertisement

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #42
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: NIP completely exposed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Wow. Deleted my comment. But, that's a nasty comparison.

Eh, maybe my perception is skewed. I'm German and boob are boobs. If men (can) have them, and go topless, who cares?
What was a nasty comparison? The woman nursing at the practice or that I used to be a stripper? What I meant was I have no issues with boobs as I used to see them and expose them all the time. They were simply boobs, but I was embarassed at this woman for basically exposing herself in front of all those people. I was not comparing her or the other woman as a stripper. Then again I do not think strippers are nasty.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #43
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I'd be shocked more than anything if I saw that. I NIP all the time but no way would I just flash a boob. I try to have a little more respect for other people and be as discreet as possible when NIP w/o a cover. If I'm discreet and people still have a problem w/ it then that's their problem and not mine IMO. Now if I saw a boob b/c of someone nursing it wouldn't offend ME.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #44
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

What was a nasty comparison? The woman nursing at the practice or that I used to be a stripper? What I meant was I have no issues with boobs as I used to see them and expose them all the time. They were simply boobs, but I was embarassed at this woman for basically exposing herself in front of all those people. I was not comparing her or the other woman as a stripper. Then again I do not think strippers are nasty.
I think it's terrible that you would even hint that the way breasts are exposed stripping is even remotely similar to the way a breast might be exposed while nursing. Breastfeeding a baby is not sexual. Men and boys should probably know and see what breasts are used for and NOT be embarrassed. Breastfeeding is a normal and very healthy act.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #45
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
I think it's terrible that you would even hint that the way breasts are exposed stripping is even remotely similar to the way a breast might be exposed while nursing. Breastfeeding a baby is not sexual. Men and boys should probably know and see what breasts are used for and NOT be embarrassed. Breastfeeding is a normal and very healthy act.
When you are exposing yourself in any way it is that, exposing. But I also have no issues with stripping and do not find it bad. It has a place. I find the type of breast exposure that woman did not to be similar. Although, you do not need to lift your shirt nearly off exposing both breasts to feed one baby. I do not think it is necessary or proper. If everyone must be wearing shirts in a particular place then whipping out both breasts is just not appropriate. IMO.

I also was not comparing the 2. I was merely stating I used to be a stripper to say I have no hang ups about boobs. It was not a comparison, sorry if you took it that way.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #46
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

When you are exposing yourself in any way it is that, exposing. But I also have no issues with stripping and do not find it bad. It has a place. I find the type of breast exposure that woman did not to be similar. Although, you do not need to lift your shirt nearly off exposing both breasts to feed one baby. I do not think it is necessary or proper. If everyone must be wearing shirts in a particular place then whipping out both breasts is just not appropriate. IMO.

I also was not comparing the 2. I was merely stating I used to be a stripper to say I have no hang ups about boobs. It was not a comparison, sorry if you took it that way.
I'm just glad there are laws in place that protect mothers from such disappointing viewpoints.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #47
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I'm just glad there are laws in place that protect mothers from such disappointing viewpoints.
I think she is a pretty open minded person. What reason is there to completely expose both breasts while feeding one child? I mean, if you inadvertently do it fine, but just doing it to being doing it seems a little much. When women do things like this is just does more harm to the NIP cause, making people less likely to be ok with it because when thinking of the subject these extremes are going to be the first thing they think of.

I have no problem with NIP, I am not bothered if you completely flash a nip when trying to get adjusted and latched, I don't care if I see your belly because you prefer lifting you top. I do care if you have this "I'll show them" mentality, simply because it is your right by law. If people take advantage to this extreme those rights will be questioned at some point, maybe taken away if enough people complain. I think it is disappointing that someone that wants people to respect her right to NIP can't have a little respect for others.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #48
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Meh, where I'm from its totally legal for men and women to go topless in public. It wouldn't bother me to see it. I must admit I don't go to too much trouble to be discrete when I nurse in public.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #49
crunch!910
Registered Users

Wow, that mom gives us all a bad name! I've NIP without a cover, but I try to find a discreet location and of course only started not using a cover when we had got good enough at it that we didn't show any skin. I think in that situation it was perfectly acceptable for the manager to ask her to cover up her exposed, non feeding boob.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #50
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy

I think she is a pretty open minded person. What reason is there to completely expose both breasts while feeding one child? I mean, if you inadvertently do it fine, but just doing it to being doing it seems a little much. When women do things like this is just does more harm to the NIP cause, making people less likely to be ok with it because when thinking of the subject these extremes are going to be the first thing they think of.

I have no problem with NIP, I am not bothered if you completely flash a nip when trying to get adjusted and latched, I don't care if I see your belly because you prefer lifting you top. I do care if you have this "I'll show them" mentality, simply because it is your right by law. If people take advantage to this extreme those rights will be questioned at some point, maybe taken away if enough people complain. I think it is disappointing that someone that wants people to respect her right to NIP can't have a little respect for others.
Right, but breasts are not obscene. How anyone can think of exposed breasts as "disrespectful" while there is a baby present is beyond my comprehension. I feel as if there are security issues involved.