Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
justinsgirl06
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nesting BUG!!

I wasn't really nesting until I decided to do cloth this time (3'rd baby, 1st time with cloth). Since then, researching and sewing and buying has consumed me! I can't wait, lol.

Advertisement

justinsgirl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #12
justinsgirl06
Registered Users
seller

I'm making all my own cloth wipes for myself and my sister who is also going to do cloth for the first time...they are going to be so cute! Different knit fabrics layered with bamboo baby terry loop.
justinsgirl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #13
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bump for the fact that I have now been bitten by this nesting bug all in the last few days!!

~cleaned out my linen closet/organized it

~Organized/cleaned both upstairs bathrooms

~went through drawers and closets and toys to gather items to donate that we no longer need

~moved things around a little to make room for adding the cosleeper to our bed (it will be set up in another 2 months or so)

~finalized my newbie stash (xs fuzzibunz, prefolds and covers)

~went through girls clothes and bought a few new things to fill in the gaps from different seasons

~purchased coming home outfit and new carseat

~moved carseats around in the van to have the best arrangement ready to go

I guess the main incentive is to have the hard things done before I get to huge to move
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
If I didn't have the flu if be nesting instead I'm in bed trying not to die.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #15
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The nesting bug has bitten me! So far, Ive taken on repainting DS's room (walls and baseboards and trim), making him new bedding for his big boy twin bed, making her crib bedding, organizing her clothes (first buying a dresser to do so), buying/making all of the last minute things she needs, cleaning the entire house countless times (including taking down all of the Christmas decorations alone in an hour flat! ) and steam cleaning the floors lol! Its strange to have this much energy/motivation but nice to be productive.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
The nesting bug has bitten me! So far, Ive taken on repainting DS's room (walls and baseboards and trim), making him new bedding for his big boy twin bed, making her crib bedding, organizing her clothes (first buying a dresser to do so), buying/making all of the last minute things she needs, cleaning the entire house countless times (including taking down all of the Christmas decorations alone in an hour flat! ) and steam cleaning the floors lol! Its strange to have this much energy/motivation but nice to be productive.
you painted? do we have to buy a special pergnancy safe paint? I've always heard painting during pregnancy was a nono. I would LOVE to paint a few rooms in our house right now!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi

you painted? do we have to buy a special pergnancy safe paint? I've always heard painting during pregnancy was a nono. I would LOVE to paint a few rooms in our house right now!
Yes, you can paint. I worked in an aerosol lab when pregnant with DD1 and worked with all sorts of crazy stuff . I also helped paint the nursery. You just have to take it easy, keep the room well ventilated, and listen to your body. If you start to feel whoozey, take a break.

With that said, DH was staining some trim the other day and I was in another room, but the fumes WRECKED me. I would avoid staining!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #18
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
You just have to take it easy, keep the room well ventilated, and listen to your body. If you start to feel whoozey, take a break.

With that said, DH was staining some trim the other day and I was in another room, but the fumes WRECKED me. I would avoid staining!
Yeah, they have LOW FUME paint which is recommended during pregnancy. I use that, plus I keep the room ventilated and only do a bit at a time. I painted the nursey when I expected DS too :-) (it seems I only paint when preggo) . I had some staining projects in mind, but after reading the can of the stain (all the WARNINGS...even the "green" stuff was scary) I decided to forgo that until after baby is born.

Last edited by amb2j; 12-31-2012 at 12:16 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got some stuff done the last few days too feels great!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #20
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Purging and Cleaning all day! So much to organize before LO gets here 3 months to my EDD!!! Hoping to go on Easter Sunday 3-31-13

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote