Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just a rant

It seems like every time I turn around, I read/hear something about how super-duper easy it is to get pregnant. *sigh* I guess I'm just a weirdo but it just doesn't seem to happen that easily for me. I am thankful that I was able to get pregnant with DS naturally but it took 8 cycles and I was at my wits' end by the time it happened. I have had some gyno issues too despite being really healthy otherwise. Anyway, I just wanted to put it out there that it doesn't always happen the first month or two for me, even though it seems to for much of the world. Rant over.

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I understand. About to pop with my third. He took just about 3 years to get. Along the way I had a loss. That one took a year to get. Then this one another year.

I wants to punch people who said 'let go let God' or 'it will happen on its own'

The ONLY people who actually thought before they spoke were the ones who struggled too.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981
I understand. About to pop with my third. He took just about 3 years to get. Along the way I had a loss. That one took a year to get. Then this one another year.

I wants to punch people who said 'let go let God' or 'it will happen on its own'

The ONLY people who actually thought before they spoke were the ones who struggled too.
I agree. I have had a couple people tell me that it isn't happening easily for them. I am always reassuring that it too DH and I a while. And maybe this is just cynical of me, but sometimes I wonder if people just lie/exaggerate too? "Well, it happened the VERY first month with all x of MY kids." Ugh. It isn't a competition but these statements make me feel inferior as a woman every. Single. Time. (I know that's irrational, but they do.)
Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my first, DH and I tried for a long time before his deployment. And then had to wait that 7.5 months. Then when he got back/ we did get pregmant within that first couple months. So start to finish over a year for sure.

With my second, we caught the first egg after ovulation (at 10 months post pardum- I was nursing) we had no idea we were pregnant. We were not actively trying..

Then after my second son turned a year/ we started up again. But my cycles were at 60-70 days and his travel schedule a disaster. Everyone said 'is that really a fertility problem? Or just scheduling conflicts' I cried all the time. It was both and I was screwed and people were ****s.

'you have two kids... ' that one hurt a lot. It does not make my heart ache any less for a third.

I really feel for you mama. The TTC forum was great for me. Occasionally I got the comment that really cut me. But it was rare. And lots of tips. Idk that any actually worked but the support was so nice.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981
With my first, DH and I tried for a long time before his deployment. And then had to wait that 7.5 months. Then when he got back/ we did get pregmant within that first couple months. So start to finish over a year for sure.

With my second, we caught the first egg after ovulation (at 10 months post pardum- I was nursing) we had no idea we were pregnant. We were not actively trying..

Then after my second son turned a year/ we started up again. But my cycles were at 60-70 days and his travel schedule a disaster. Everyone said 'is that really a fertility problem? Or just scheduling conflicts' I cried all the time. It was both and I was screwed and people were ****s.

'you have two kids... ' that one hurt a lot. It does not make my heart ache any less for a third.

I really feel for you mama. The TTC forum was great for me. Occasionally I got the comment that really cut me. But it was rare. And lots of tips. Idk that any actually worked but the support was so nice.
Thank you. I'm so glad that you got your third! Yeah, DH isn't willing to "try" as it became really stressful when we conceived DS. We ended up conceiving him after we went to a "whatever happens, happens" attitude. I had lots of pp complications and had surgery a year ago from them (a D&C and a large fibroid was removed). My doctors reassure me that everything should be fine and that they think my DS is a miracle baby considering how huge the fibroid was. But I'm not so convinced, I'm fortunate that DH is not traveling or deployed or anything like that but we have incredibly hectic work schedules tht make having regular sex extremely difficult at times. I'm sure it will happen when it's meant to happen. Thank you for the reassurance that I'm not the only one and that it doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong with us.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just a rant

Thank You! I could not have written this better myself!

It took 2.5yrs & 2 rounds of clomid to get our 1st son. Then I had to get on progesterone for my AF and Clomid to conceive our 2nd. He just turned a year so now we are TTC again but it sucks No AF yet and not Oing...

jenniferaj072806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just a rant

And those "It will happen when you quit trying." "Stop trying to hard." etc... comments made me want to punch someone in the face!

jenniferaj072806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferaj072806
And those "It will happen when you quit trying." "Stop trying to hard." etc... comments made me want to punch someone in the face!
We should create a master list if those insensitive jerk comments! L
Old 11-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Yes!!! Like it's your fault b/c you aren't doing something right or just don't want it enough/want it too much.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Thank You! I could not have written this better myself!

It took 2.5yrs & 2 rounds of clomid to get our 1st son. Then I had to get on progesterone for my AF and Clomid to conceive our 2nd. He just turned a year so now we are TTC again but it sucks No AF yet and not Oing...
Also, I hope that you start o'ing soon. I am very regular so I have that much going for me.