Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
cherylchoo's Avatar
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: a Texan in the northern Detroit 'burbs
Posts: 24,967
My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Morning mamas!

Boy, I wish I could let my kids sleep in a bit. Ian and Ginger have gotten in the habit of wanting to snuggle in my bed from 7-7:30 before we get up. Which is nice, greatly improves their disposition and behavior, but does not give me that alone time to make coffee etc. I really miss that time, lets me get myself in order for the day.

OK, I need some help with shopping. Since DH forgot to draw an angel for us to buy gifts for at church, I took the last angel from the preschool today, and the gifts for that are due Dec 3rd. The 6YO girl only asked for "educational toys and Leapfrog" and I'm supposed to spend about $40. I am not familiar with the new Leapfrog options or what is on sale where, we never got past the first editions with the pen on a cord. I know there are several ways to go and she did not specify, so LMK what you think I should get and where I should get it. Probably have to shop locally or ship to store if it's quick enough to get it ready by the 3rd.

Advertisement

__________________
Detroit-area SAHM to Rose 12/03, Ginger 11/05, and little Ian 4/08.
cherylchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #12
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 23,589
My Mood:
I did see, Jen. I am glad that things are going well for them. When is the wedding set? They must be looking forward to getting to live together.

I think I am going to do some laundry and perhaps later do a little marking.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
~whitehologram~'s Avatar
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,777
My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Good morning gals!

I called in sick today. 1/3 of the way into the school year and I hadn't used a day yet, so I figured I could "afford" it. Ru is at work, E is at school, and I am sitting here in my PJs sipping coffee and eating cinnamon-raisin toast.

I want to go to Janine's place for some yummy food!
Sorry you're not feeling well Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Mel good for you!

Did you see that Phil works at Kennedy Mid, that is where Shannon's husband is the principal I am usre she had nothing to do with that hire. Nothing like getting your husband to hire people to keep your teachers happy He is a good teacher and doing well.

We are at school. Had an odd morning. Jerry got up when I did. It was nice, we chatted and had a nice morning. Just weird to have him awake when I was. He took care of the laundry stuff and I took the dog for a walk. Then we settled in with coffee and breakfast. It was nice.

Ok, off to take MH to school.
Sounds like a lovely morning Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Morning mamas!

Boy, I wish I could let my kids sleep in a bit. Ian and Ginger have gotten in the habit of wanting to snuggle in my bed from 7-7:30 before we get up. Which is nice, greatly improves their disposition and behavior, but does not give me that alone time to make coffee etc. I really miss that time, lets me get myself in order for the day.

OK, I need some help with shopping. Since DH forgot to draw an angel for us to buy gifts for at church, I took the last angel from the preschool today, and the gifts for that are due Dec 3rd. The 6YO girl only asked for "educational toys and Leapfrog" and I'm supposed to spend about $40. I am not familiar with the new Leapfrog options or what is on sale where, we never got past the first editions with the pen on a cord. I know there are several ways to go and she did not specify, so LMK what you think I should get and where I should get it. Probably have to shop locally or ship to store if it's quick enough to get it ready by the 3rd.
Ummm no clue. Sorry.
__________________
I am Janine; mum to Shannon (10), Derry (8), Cameron (7), & Fynn (4)
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 23,589
My Mood:
Oh no, Janine. I am feeling fine! It is more of a mental health day.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #15
redgirlsmama's Avatar
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 14,266
My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Morning. DH is off to work, Lydia and I are cuddling. Washer is running and DW is waiting to be unloaded.
Today I need to get the house dug out from over a week of renovations. We are done now, just waiting for the new furniture to arrive. The kitchen table is COVERED with stuff. DH decided that I didn't want some of the furniture SIL had left behind, which is fine, but I had stuff in it. So now it needs to be relocated.
__________________
Jessica - SAHM to 3 girls...wife to Jeremy

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
~whitehologram~'s Avatar
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,777
My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Soup is done.
Bread is done.
Cookies are cooled and in the Wintery Pooh bear tin.
The baked pumpkin will likely be used for muffins or bread.
Apple pie is done too.

I am shattered!
and still in my PJs :
__________________
I am Janine; mum to Shannon (10), Derry (8), Cameron (7), & Fynn (4)
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
~whitehologram~'s Avatar
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,777
My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Oh no, Janine. I am feeling fine! It is more of a mental health day.
Ah well in that case. I hope you feel better soon
__________________
I am Janine; mum to Shannon (10), Derry (8), Cameron (7), & Fynn (4)
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #18
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 23,589
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~
Ah well in that case. I hope you feel better soon
Thanks! I have laundry in now. It feels like luxury!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #19
~whitehologram~'s Avatar
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,777
My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday



Dinner is ready
__________________
I am Janine; mum to Shannon (10), Derry (8), Cameron (7), & Fynn (4)
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #20
cherylchoo's Avatar
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: a Texan in the northern Detroit 'burbs
Posts: 24,967
My Mood:
washer is leaking!

I hate the chaos that follows redoing a room and its furniture jess. boo.

Yum Janine!

So no thoughts on the Leaprog stuff? I was thinking a Tag with however many book I can get with $40, but then IDK about what else is available. I am headed out to a store after lunch to look at whats there. Right now I have to duck into an appt.
__________________
Detroit-area SAHM to Rose 12/03, Ginger 11/05, and little Ian 4/08.
cherylchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.