Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
July 2013 Chat: Apr. 29-May 12

I love starting a new chat thread because it means 2 more weeks have gone by in this beautiful journey we are all experiencing. I am 28 wks & still feel like it's taking forever. I think I will feel better once I get to 30/31 wks & get down to single digit wks left. I was so patient & cherished every second of DS's pregnancy...well except for maybe the last 2 wks since he was 2 wks over due. I'm trying hard to cherish this one too, especially since it's my last & it's been a breeze of a pregnancy in comparison to DS's, but at the same time I am so ready to meet this sweet LO that I can't help but wish it was July already. One would think I would be thankful for the 12 wks I have left since we aren't near ready for him/her to be here, but I tend to work better under a little pressure anyway, which is a good think since I am such a procrastinator. I've got my newborn stash pretty much finished, but not prepped & ready to use. I need to get out all of DS's newborn/3 mo. clothes & get them ready in case we have a boy. And I still have some de-cluttering & overall house prepping to do, but am really struggling with my energy level & overall motivation.

Advertisement

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Gah 9 more weeks! I'm getting more nervous every week.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2013 Chat: Apr. 29-May 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
Gah 9 more weeks! I'm getting more nervous every week.
Oh how I would love to have 9 wks to go. I would love to have a July 4th baby. DD was born on Valentine's day, so I think it would be cool if this one was a girl & born on the 4th.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been induced every time at 39 weeks, which would be July 3rd for this little lady! Didn't realize that already puts me at under 10 weeks to go if I need to be induced again. My BP is starting to creep up, so I'm guessing 39 weeks is a good guess. Holy potatoes I have a lot left to do! Guess I had better get off the couch LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This time of year is so busy for me that I can't even think about prepping for this little lady until I get past some of the crazy business. First we had our kitchen redone. We did a lot of the work ourselves and, although it's put back together and usable, there's still all those little things that need to be finished. I'm talking crown molding, touch ups, and completely moving all the dishes into their new places. I seem to be getting things put back on an as needed basis.

And in the middle of this, DH had a week long trip to his conference followed by my week long chaperoning trip to the DC area. DD and DS1 had their birthdays the week we got back. Just finished DS1's campout party this past Friday and Saturday. Now it's time to plan DD's MLP party. I just can't think out any furthur than that!

On another note, the Braxton Hicks are kicking in pretty strongly and regularly these days. They don't hurt but they wear me out!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Hey everybody! Things have been busy here too. We can't decide on names. I feel scatterbrained all the time. And baby is still transverse. (Never had a transverse baby before, never had a section before and don't wanna start now.

Last week, in a 10 minute span, I was asked my due date, then if I was having twins-by 2 different strangers. I wanted to go hide in a restroom and cry. Gee, thanks for making me feel like a freak of nature. It wouldn't have bothered me except I kept thinking I have 12 weeks to go. I guess I may be hiding out in July. Sidenote-My toddler thinks I'm cute

Almost 14 month old keeps ripping her diaper off right after she pees and has been pooping on the potty for about 3 months now so I'm trying to decide whether to just go for it or not. I feel like she will regress when baby comes. All my girls trained around 18-20 months. I'm leaning toward waiting till at least a month or 2 after baby is born.

I wanna see what everyone's bringing baby home in. I don't make a HUGE deal out of it but do get something nice.
I'll start a thread.

Last edited by snugglesnsunshine; 05-01-2013 at 09:36 AM.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

9.5 - 14.5 weeks to go! I still have bronchitis, and I'm so sick of being sick!!! Maybe it's because I'm older this time (37), this pregnancy has worn me down more than my other two did.

Keeping BP in check better this pregnancy (still elevated, but within acceptable limits) - diet, daily exercise, weekly acupuncture, and supplements must all be working for me. Just have to keep it down enough to not risk out of a HB - I really don't think I could handle a hospital birth at this point.

Lacking interest in getting stuff "ready" for baby - I guess because there really isn't much to do. I have blankets & NB dipes stored in the basement that we'll eventually pull out and wash. We decided to not even put up a crib this time since neither of my first two used it. Baby really won't have a room until he/she decides to move out of ours, so I'm not sure yet where we'll put a dresser...maybe our room. We have a handful of GN onesies washed, and I guess that'll work for the first few days - if it's a boy, DH can dig out DS1's clothes & wash them...if a girl, I'm sure family will be happy to buy clothes for her.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom

Oh how I would love to have 9 wks to go. I would love to have a July 4th baby. DD was born on Valentine's day, so I think it would be cool if this one was a girl & born on the 4th.
I'm due July 4, and I'm really hoping that's not her actual bday! I don't want the poor thing to be overshadowed but my bday is December 28 so maybe that's why.

I started making some hospital packing lists. I've had the room set up and laundry dove and organized for weeks. Not much left to do
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
kunoyu
Registered Users

31 week, Just in for Glucose tolerance test yesterday, dont know its result though. I got the boy room set up, washed all his clothes. Will be prepping his diapers when they are coming in next week
kunoyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Happy Mother's Day!!! ♥♥♥