Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Braxton hicks in your thighs?!

This is baby #4, and I don't ever remember having anything but tummy tightening with BH before. Today, I'm having contractions that radiate into my back & thighs. I've never gone into labor, always been induced. I'm kind of freaking out. Do your BH go anywhere besides your belly? I'm only 31 weeks! I'm laying down with my 3rd tanker of water and haven't had a contraction for about 40min, so I don't think it's labor, but I have felt like Doo-Doo the past couple of days & tmi but I have been in and out of the bathroom this morning like my body is trying to clear out. :/ I really hope it isn't like this all the way until July!

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Braxton hicks in your thighs?!

i started having those at about 22 weeks this last pregnancy. they were a bit scary, but it felt similar to cramping and a contraction all in one. they weren't ever in a rhythm, but they were definitely a bit scary. i just had my kiddo at 39 weeks.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are wearing me out, too. I'm also on baby #4 and will be 32 weeks Sunday. Yesterday afternoon my uterus started "working out." It's still at it this morning. Nothing painful, just tiring and making me out of breath at times. It doesn't help that my nasal passages swell shut with every one. It's a weird quirk I've had since baby #2.

When I have one, it does pull on my lower back and tailbone area, especially if I'm standing. This is just the way it always has been for me though. I have had them where it radiates into my groin and down my inner thigh in previous pregnancies just not this pregnancy (yet). My earliest baby came at 40 weeks and 1 day even with all the "practice."

Do you know how your baby is positioned presently? Mine isn't engaged and is still up in my ribs a good bit (probably another reason I feel so breathless in general). I'm wondering if my body is trying to get her arranged better. Mine always ride low and in my pelvis by this time and she's not down there yet.

And the little stinker is still bouncing around and kicking, headbutting, and punching. Guess what my uterus thinks of that?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Midwife said she's head down at my 30 week check, but I usually know when they drop because it feels like a bowling ball between my legs, ha!
These are just so weird because my tummy tightens and then it moves to my low back, groin, thighs and lasts for at least a minute. Much worse/longer/more pressure when I'm standing up. They don't seem to happen when I'm lying down.
I really don't want to do bed rest Last time when I wouldn't stop contracting at about 35 weeks they said bed rest. I tried my best, but you know how it is with little ones at home!
I was induced at 39weeks last time because my BP got very high & I had vision abnormalities. I took my BP last night and it is still normal, 104/63. So....I'll just rest and hope for the best, I guess.

Last edited by omahamama731; 05-09-2013 at 07:13 PM.
omahamama731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How are you doing today?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for asking!
I was at the midwives office for 2.5hrs yesterday afternoon. She thinks baby flipped breech & that's why the weird pressure with contractions.
Had an NST just to be safe, and baby was literally bouncing off the walls. I seem to only contract when I'm on my feet... so she didn't put me on bed rest or anything but told me to do absolutelynothing this weekend and see how I feel on Monday.