Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #1
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stroller help, tall toddler

Last week dh and I took ds to the zoo, well he fell asleep in the stroller and his head was at the VERY top, and his feet were hanging off the foot thing...Dh and I were talking about getting a good but inexpensive double stroller, but what are we going to have to spend because of ds hight? (hes only 2feet 10 1/2 inches) but still I think hes going to be to tall for alot of the inexpensive ones. We don't want to/don't have alot of extra money to spend on 1, but were looking at appx 200 at the most, if that..I like the looks of this one
Target : Baby Trend Deluxe Sit N’ Stand - Silverado

but I'm not sure about it, I like the fact that the seats can be any way and that it turns into a sit n stand, because ds isnt much of a rider in a stroller now and he just turned 2..

anyone have any info OR can you tell me of a place that someone can help?
Thanks

ETA heres the link of the 1 I was looking at
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000IHTD8A

Advertisement

Last edited by LuAnn; 05-14-2007 at 03:07 PM.
LuAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stroller help, tall toddler

Is the baby trend one the one that has two seats and then can be turned into a sit n stand later?
I was reading reviews on that, I'm not sure if we need both seats for now then the sit n stand later.
If it is,One of the reviews said she puts her tall toddler in the back seat and undoes the foot rest part and lets her child legs go down into the basket, much more comfortable apparently.
I'm still looking at the sit n stand silverado (ships free on amazon) or the other brand, Joovey caboose, but it doesn't have a regular backseat for now, then changes to a sit n stand.
I figure I could sling the baby if Dd gets too tired to sit on the bench at the back.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Is the baby trend one the one that has two seats and then can be turned into a sit n stand later?
I was reading reviews on that, I'm not sure if we need both seats for now then the sit n stand later.
If it is,One of the reviews said she puts her tall toddler in the back seat and undoes the foot rest part and lets her child legs go down into the basket, much more comfortable apparently.
I'm still looking at the sit n stand silverado (ships free on amazon) or the other brand, Joovey caboose, but it doesn't have a regular backseat for now, then changes to a sit n stand.
I figure I could sling the baby if Dd gets too tired to sit on the bench at the back.
Yes thats the one I was looking at, but I need to find a place that carries them to check hight wise for ds..

Thanks
Old 05-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been through several double strollers. I think I may have a stroller ******. I had a side by side graco and I loved it, it was light weight, big baskets, easy to fold, but you couldn't go anywhere with it so I sold it. I also have the Graco duo glider which I really like for long days at the mall or the zoo, but now Elise would rather walk around and occasionally sit down. So I went and got the Joovy and love it, even if the basket is a little small, but it is perfect for the Zoo and Grant's Farm. I cannot remember the last time either of my children fell asleep in the stroller, so the reclining seat isn't that big of a deal to me.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:46 PM   #5
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This may be of no help BUT I have a pretty tall toddler, 38 or so inches at 2 yr & 3 mo. He still needs a stroller occasionally and I can't carry him right now because i'm ready to burst with DS2 any day now. We had a Combi Soho Savvy purchased before he was born and it was way too short for his long limbs. He started getting his feet caught in the wheels. So we went and got him a new stroller, the Maclaren Volo and it works great! The foot rest is still a little high (but so much longer than the Combi) but he can comfortably rest his feet on it. My SIL has a few strollers around from her 6 kids and he plays in them all the time. She has two Peg Perego strollers that are nice and tall but a major pain in the a@* to move around, they are soo heavy... and expensive.
Do you have a Buybuybaby near you? They have a ton of strollers to try out and a relatively knowledgable staff. Certainly do not buy until you searched online. I ended up getting my stroller online and spending $40 less than what Buybuybaby had our stroller selling for. $5 shipping too, not bad.
Okay, I hope all that helps. Good luck.
Marisa
marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #6
OwensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted one of those too (the baby trend). DS is also tall. I got to see one up close and personal at the zoo the other day and sadly the seat back looked VERY short! I didnt use it, only stood next to it for about 10 minutes but it didnt look like it would fit a tall kid very well. Just an observation though, hopefully you can find the real thing and try it out!
OwensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas, I have no clue what to do yet, I really need to take a day without ds OR with dh and ds and go stroller looking but I really dont want to go by myself with ds

As for the buybuybaby Im not sure Ill have to google it and see if theres any around (if there is they would be in MO vs IL where I am, but thats ok)

thanks again