Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Wednesday

I finished my tablecloth today. It's wet and blocking here but should look ok on the table.

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Beautiful Janine
I have Mexican beef stew in the oven for DH and I, I am making homemade spaghettio's for the girls in the CP. Tonight I am going to try and get all of the clothes for the morning laid out, and do a new bedtime routine. The girls have been migrating downstairs WAY too much. I am exhausted constantly.
Laundry is rolling, Bunny is out in the round pen for a bit to try and hair her up.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So pretty Janine. I thought about doing a tablecloth here, but we use too many sharp objects on the kitchen table and the dining table is too pretty to cover up. I may make a tree skirt for the Xmas tree though - our standard one doesn't fit well around a base for a live tree, it gets wet if you put it on like you do a fake tree.

So glad Bunny is making a good transition. Bedtime routine is the only thing we do right here.

I am slowly accepting the nebulizer is a part of our lives now. 3x a day for Ian so he can still go to school/church without being sent home. It's so frustrating he has zero other symptoms but the coughing, and if you try to explain it is asthma people don't get it because he isn't wheezy or need an inhaler. But I have noticed less side effects with the inhaled albuterol as opposed to the oral kind.

I had planned on having potstickers today, but forgot I was out. And I bought a rotisserie chicken today ($1 off on sale, $2 off with purchase of two 2 liter diet cokes!) but I put it in the fridge for picking because I thought we were doing potstickers. So I guess I am going to fire up some Eckridge sausage and see how the kids take to it. I think if I bribe them with leftover butter noodles and hawaiian rolls they may do ok.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #14
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Beautiful Janine
I have Mexican beef stew in the oven for DH and I, I am making homemade spaghettio's for the girls in the CP. Tonight I am going to try and get all of the clothes for the morning laid out, and do a new bedtime routine. The girls have been migrating downstairs WAY too much. I am exhausted constantly.
Laundry is rolling, Bunny is out in the round pen for a bit to try and hair her up.
Thanks Jess

Good luck with the new routine. It's never easy but it'll be worth it to get your evenings back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
So pretty Janine. I thought about doing a tablecloth here, but we use too many sharp objects on the kitchen table and the dining table is too pretty to cover up. I may make a tree skirt for the Xmas tree though - our standard one doesn't fit well around a base for a live tree, it gets wet if you put it on like you do a fake tree.

So glad Bunny is making a good transition. Bedtime routine is the only thing we do right here.

I am slowly accepting the nebulizer is a part of our lives now. 3x a day for Ian so he can still go to school/church without being sent home. It's so frustrating he has zero other symptoms but the coughing, and if you try to explain it is asthma people don't get it because he isn't wheezy or need an inhaler. But I have noticed less side effects with the inhaled albuterol as opposed to the oral kind.

I had planned on having potstickers today, but forgot I was out. And I bought a rotisserie chicken today ($1 off on sale, $2 off with purchase of two 2 liter diet cokes!) but I put it in the fridge for picking because I thought we were doing potstickers. So I guess I am going to fire up some Eckridge sausage and see how the kids take to it. I think if I bribe them with leftover butter noodles and hawaiian rolls they may do ok.
This is more of a decoration for during the day. Not for at mealtimes. For under a bowl of fruit or a candle or something like that. Or just on it's own.

During dinner it'll be put on the end of the sofa....because my kids are just too messy to ever have something that is not superwash anywhere near them while they eat.

I totally understand about the coughing thing. We're all (except Heiner) asthmatic here and I have had to have those conversations with people all the time. I say basically if I'm worried I'll keep them home. If I send them to school/kindergarten then I am not worried...so they dont need to be either.

Shannon had to get a note from the doctor explaining that they were allowed to giver her meds. Only her inhaler...nothing else. I taught them how to do it with her. Showed them how she does it correctly and how she does it if she's messing about and that they must make her do it correctly or she'll get sick....and they will then be the ones calling for an ambulance. Which they of course didn't want to do....but also they couldn't exclude her from kindergarten for a cough. She'd be away from class too much and it was a mandatory class....like Preschool for you I think?

Thankfully Derry, Cami and Fynn are ok with meds morning, noon, and night. They don't need it 4 times a day like Shannon did.

I'm glad Ian is doing better with his inhaler
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

working away on lesson plans here. figured out what we were missing and got everything organized. Assigned some to a group to work on and I am knocking out others. We may have this project finished by CHRISTMAS! only1.5 school years to finish!
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Woohoo Jen!

Thanks Janine. The main problem right now is the neb meds can only be given every 6 hours, and they really only work 5. So he goes to school fine, then by the end of the day he sounds like a 2 pack a day emphesema smoker. And not all the time, just for two weeks whenever the weather changes drastically. Or if he does catch something, I have to be careful to try to keep it from creeping to the chest, because once it gets there, I am looking at at least two weeks of the same stuff. Gah. It would also help if he knew how to productively cough. He just doesn't get it. If he could, I think he would cough less.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've just discovered that Daisy has seriously overgrown teeth.

I now how to call around the local vets and find out how much it would cost to get her seen. And then toss that up with how much it would cost to take her to see Heiner's uncle who is also a vet. But he lives 80+km away and it's more than an hour each way.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #18
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why only 6 hours on the nebs? We were told every 3 hours for albuterol. You can do it more but the doctors said if you need it more than that that the child needs to be seen or in an hossy.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Home. Dinner planned. Waiting on Jerry and MH.

Off to lay out clothes, make beds and get things in order.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel bad...she's ground down her top teeth and the bottoms are so over grown that I honestly thought they were the top teeth.