Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chiropractor?

I've never been to a chiropractor before, but I'm desperate. I have an appointment tomorrow and have no idea what to expect. My problem is that my left hip/sacrum feels stuck, like it needs to pop. It's been like that for weeks. Is there any chance I get instant relief tomorrow? I have no idea how this works.

Advertisement

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Re: Chiropractor?

I went to a chiro toward the end of my second pregnancy on the recommendation of my doula, who suggested it as a way to help me avoid induction (my first son was over two weeks late and I ended up being induced, I really wanted to avoid that the second time around). Not only did going to the chiro work as far as putting me into labor the at the right time (he was born 3 days early), it also "magically" solved my horrible hip pain that I'd had all throughout both pregnancies. Turns out I also had an issue with my SI joint. This was also my first experience with a chiro but it was very painless -- not intimidating at all. Good luck, I hope you get relief!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Their is a good chance you'll feel a whole heck of a lot better. I've noticed with parts that are really sore if I give them 24 hours after an adjustment they'll usually feel fantastic.

I see a chiropractor that specializes in pregnant women. She uses the Webster technique and an activator, rather than cracking or twisting.

I suffered for most of my pregnancy because I had a really terrible chiropractic experience when I was 11. It left me afraid and loathing the entire profession and I vowed that I would never use a chiropractor. I am so glad I opened up my comfort level and tried her, I really do feel immensely better after an adjustment. And this might be coincidental but my baby had been breech or transverse the entire pregnancy. Ever since I saw her she's flipped head down and stayed down.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes more pain before it gets better onwhat you are going for.sometimes instant better.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I went to a chiro regularly throughout my 3rd pregnancy.

I've never had a more comfortable pregnancy. I'm not on baby #4. I need to go. But our ins sucks and we can't afford it.

I was nervous at first. But it was simple and quick and relatively painless as long as you follow their instructions. They will have you sit or lie a certain way and they will tell you to "take a deep breath... now exhale" and they will tweak something as you're exhaling usually.

I was always in and out of the chiro in 15 mins or less. And then I got a massage afterward (incl in the price! My ins ROCKED back then!). I always felt like 5 million bucks when I left. Like I could go run a marathon!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just went for the first time early this month, I am a believer now! I felt better right way but then later the same day I needed to ice the area because it hurt. I felt better the next day but back to pain the day after. I went back and had another adjustment (my back had returned to the evil position) he fixed me and I was pain free for a little over a week. So all that to say, yes, you will feel better but just like a deep tissue massage sometimes the area is sore after. That is totally normal.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We all see a chiro regularly around here. Even when preggo I go. Love our chiro! You might need a couple of adjustments before you feel better. That is totally normal.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see my chiropractor regularly and also get prenatal massages and yes, it is quite likely that you'll feel better the first time Sometimes it may take a few adjustments to see progress but I've found instant relief from my hip pain after an adjustment.

Last edited by Mama_K; 11-28-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mama_K is offline   Reply With Quote