Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: implantation bleeding?

Originally Posted by COgle3 View Post
Have you had sex? I spotted in early preg when I had sex. Usually a couple of days. My sister spots every time she is pregnant. Randomly and all diff colors. I'd mainly be concerned if you start to have cramps or pass large clots

I had implantation bleeding with both of mine and a large "bleed spot."

With the implantation bleeding, it was brown and mixed with CM. With DD I had maybe a spot on my pad about the size of a .50 piece and lasted for 1 day with AF was due. With DS it happened earlier (not sure how many dpo), but again brown mixed with CM. It lasted a few days with him.

After the implantation bleeding stopped, I started bleeding, again, at 6 wks with DD and at 10 wks. with DS. Went to OB for US both times and they found a "bleed spot." According to my OB, the bleed spot occurs during implantation when the woman "slightly" hemmorages due to implantation. This is common if you've had pregnancies close together (I'd mc'd only 3 months prior to DD and became pg with DS when DD was 6 m. old). I've since heard another "theory" as to why "bleed spots" occur during some pg and not others. Recently I was told that "functional cysts" can also contribute to unexplained bleeding during mid-cycle and what many women confuse as "implantation bleeding."

~Katie B.~
Devoted wife of Cory , SAHM to Sadie (8/12/10), Eli (11/24/11) , Mollyann (8/21/13) and waiting to meet 2 Children God is keeping for us until we get there
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: implantation bleeding?

no on dtd recently. 15dpo bleeding more like a moderate period, and today 16dpo less, but still there. I still got a positive dark hpt this morning (darker than yesterdays).

For those who've experienced the "periods" while pregnant was it the same kind of flow/cramps etc? (bc this is lighter and I don't feel crampy...I feel nauseous).

Also for those of you who've experienced the subchorionic hemorrhage, how early can they detect that on an u/s? I would only be 4w3d right now
*Rosie* trying to be a crunchy mom to Logan Alexander 3/28/08, Axton Blake 4/4/11, & Bronn Everett 1/10/14
divergirldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:
OP, have you called your doctor? There are a variety of causes but I would check in and get their opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: bleeding. implantation or decidual bleeding? subchorionic hemorrage?

First pregnancy-bled bright red at 5 weeks for a few days, m/c around 7 weeks
DS1- no bleeding at all
third pregnancy- no bleeding at all, no hb at 12 weeks with a 9 week sized embryo, D&C
DD- bright red, run down your leg bleeding at 5-6 weeks with minor cramping (checked on U/S and baby looked great)
DS2-no bleeding at all
current-bright red bleeding at 5 weeks with cramping, took a week to gradually taper off, will see what's going on Tuesday at 9 weeks 2 days

I've had a couple pregnancies where I tested positive right at 4 weeks, then my temp dropped and I had a regular period. I consider those to be chemical pregnancies.

All this just to say that I can't tell squat from when or how I bleed. :/ I hate the first trimester for this reason.
Melissa-Wife, mother to DS 4/02 and DD 4/07, DS 7/08 DD 7/13
ISO: my lost shaker of salt
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote