Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaWillow

Mama, you are doing a great job. I just wanted to chime in and say that if YOU want to wake her to eat, do it! "They" aren't in charge of how you parent. Please, if you feel the need, then go ahead and wake her. It may not hurt to do a dream feed before you go to bed...just a thought.
Thank you that helps. The baby really doesn't go to bed until around 11-12pm so I run and jump under the covers pretty fast because I'm tired lol. I've been waking her up around 4-5 am and today she woke up on her own around then. I have to get DS up and ready for school at 7 now that my husband is back to work. I'm glad he's working but I miss going back to bed. Now after I get him on the bus I try and get some house chores done. I've tried going back to bed but I just can't slept so now I clean the house. I wish she went down a little earlier so I could feed her again.

I bought a moby wrap from fsot this week bc I read that baby carrying improved infant weight gain plus it will help me get more things done. I'm really hoping that it comes in the mail today.

I've added more healthy fats to my diet to try and increase the quality of my milk is I drink three cups of mothers milk tea a day. I'm not overly worried about supply just calorie content. This morning she ate at 5 then again at 8 and then afterwards I was able to pump off an extra 3 oz. it's not a ton but its an extra feeding worth of milk. I'm going to pump before I go to bed tonight to make sure I'm good and empty. I really don't have time to pump furring the day bc I have a doctors apt and my don is going to his first schoolmates birthday party tonight.

Advertisement

MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
oldmomma
Registered Users

Re: Worried about baby's weight gain

It sounds like you figured things out. I just want to add my 2 cents because your daughter has GERD (think that is what you meant). Had you thought about an allergy causing the GERD? I know now that DD2's allergy was milk but also chocolate and peanut butter caused her to be soooooooooo fussy. I really should have stopped eating milk, but I did stop the chocolate and peanut butter and she was a new baby.

Again, you sound like you are doing better now. This was just food for thought

Last edited by oldmomma; 11-30-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmomma
It sounds like you figured things out. I just want to add my 2 cents because your daughter has GERD (think that is what you meant). Had you thought about an allergy causing the GERD? I know now that DD2's allergy was milk but also chocolate and peanut butter caused her to be soooooooooo fussy. I really should have stopped eating milk, but I did stop the chocolate and peanut butter and she was a new baby.

Again, you sound like you are doing better now. This was just food for thought
Already milk and soy free. Maybe I should go peanut free too because I do eat a lot of peanut butter. But I could get cashew butter because that's yummy too.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2

Already milk and soy free. Maybe I should go peanut free too because I do eat a lot of peanut butter. But I could get cashew butter because that's yummy too.
Or sunbutter . It's delicious and a seed so you can go totally nut-free if need be.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb

Or sunbutter . It's delicious and a seed so you can go totally nut-free if need be.
I think I saw this a Wegmans last time I was checking out the natural peanut butter. Is sunbutter soy free? I wonder if its a food allergy that's causing the eczema on the baby's legs and bottom.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
ashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are doing amazing mama! Your milk is perfect for your baby I think babywearing is a great idea to help improve her desire to eat and her weight! Go mama!!!
ashleyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2

I think I saw this a Wegmans last time I was checking out the natural peanut butter. Is sunbutter soy free? I wonder if its a food allergy that's causing the eczema on the baby's legs and bottom.
Yes it is (should be) soy free. I buy the Mara Natha brand because it has no mystery ingredients, but Sunbutter brand has tocopherols which I think could technically be anything.

It could definitely be a food allergy, and sometimes very frustrating to figure out! I'm having my own battle with that. Good luck with yours mama!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #18
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

id wake and offer the breast more often. Could be the med making her sleepy. Try to get atleast 12 sessions in a day though.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #19
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl
id wake and offer the breast more often. Could be the med making her sleepy. Try to get atleast 12 sessions in a day though.
Yup. Enough feeding sessions are usually the best starting point.

At one point with ds#1 I had to get in the bath with him all day because it would wake him up! And he would nurse.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #20
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

hang in there, mama! sounds like there's a scale issue

78th percentile isn't something to worry about unless you see major changes. variation in nursing habits is normal-- but you're doing the right thing by following your instincts!! if you're worried, do get an outside opinion... if you're not sure about the LC you're talking to and want another opinion, you can call another support center or a hospital with LCs.

I'm quite sure I didn't always feed either of mine 12x a day by 2-3 months, but would if they were asking or I felt they were acting differently. Try not to beat yourself up Easier said than done. Wake or not depending on how you think things are going.

And if you're into vax, don't feel guilty!! Personal choice and I have yet to know anyone who didn't benefit IRL from them. You decide.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote