Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #91
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone considering vasectomy an option?

Quote:
im also a big proponent of male birth control. first of all, men are fertile ALL THE TIME, not us. so why should we have to either take hormonal BC or otherwise when we are only fertile about a week out of a month? second of all, we do literally EVERYTHING else related to reproduction. periods since we are 12 with all that goes with that-- PMS, sore breasts, cramps, fatigue, leaks, reduced productivity a week out of the month, mood swings...and then pregnancy with morning sickness, leg cramps, varicose veins, weight gain, emotional roller coasters, possible complications a mile long, then later feeling like a hippo and not being able to sleep or breathe or get comfortable at all, not to mention LABOR and BIRTH which dont get me started bc i am nearing 37 weeks and im not looking forward to it again. LADIES, LADIES, if your DH is worried about a little post-op pain what in the world- just sit and think about what our bodies go through as far as being taken over and giving up all the nutrients, then birthing a baby and dealing with the recovery -hemorrhoids, tears with or without stitches, nursing pain and complications, PPD, how our bodies change and stretch and endure it all...oh my goodness gracious. there is just no thinking that we got the fair end of the deal in reproduction bc we didnt. i wouldnt change the fact that im a woman, dont get me wrong, but from where im sitting (HUGE AND PREGNANT), a man's role in all this looks like dtd and walking away and then throwing an obligatory look of pity your partner's way while you offer HUGS.
Preach sista!!!! :-)

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #92
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are 10 months out from his vasectomy and still very, very happy with our decision! It was such an easy procedure, it went well, he's had no problems, he's clear, and God it is so nice to not have to worry about anything!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #93
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dh had a vasectomy 3 years ago (could have been longer, maybe a bit shorter my memory for that sort of thing is poor thanks to the meds I am on). It was a great decision for us. We cannot have more bio children. My pregnancies are difficult but 2 out of three deliveries ended very badly (and the third was not ideal). Dh did not want another pregnancy. Both of our boys have special needs that are genetic on my side and while dh has never said anything I feel a great deal of guilt. After the vasectomy I was actually diagnosed with epilepsy (another genetic condition I can possibly pass to my children) and will need to be on a medication for the rest of my life that is not safe to take while pregnant. While a part of me would still like to grow our family I know that doing so through pregnancy is not a good answer for us. I do not regret the vasectomy at all and I know dh doesn't. He had no problems with the surgery and recovered without issue.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #94
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Just thought I'd pop back in here and let everyone know that my DH's procedure went off without a hitch. He had the V in Mid March.

It was very quick (like 15 mins tops for the whole procedure). I got to watch! (SO COOL!) We went and hung out at my parent's afterwards. (they had the kids, so we had to go pick them up, and wound up staying and hanging around) About 3-5 hrs after it was done, he said his pain level was about a 3 out of 10. He never took any pain meds.

He was SUUUUPER cautious for about a week, not wanting to pull or hurt himself somehow. I kept asking if he was in pain b/c he was moving about so carefully, but he always said no, he was not in pain, but was just trying to be careful not to hurt anything so it would heal correctly.

We DTD about 3 days after the procedure. No issues.

Everything is back to normal. He says he has no pain whatsoever. He acts normal. He's still his old flirty, playful self, still hitting on me and chasing me around. Neither of us have noticed any differences in function or appearance.

It's like it never happened. We're very happy
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #95
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nice to know. Hubby goes in for his consult tomorrow. It took two months to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 07-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #96
thebearqueen1
Registered Users

The risk of future complications scares me. With 4 kids, DH and I are done and he says he is going to get snipped, but hasn't yet because he is scared of the pain. I chose not to get a tubal during my c/s because of risk of complications and the more I think about it, the less I want DH getting a V. He is adamantly against Natural Family Planning just because he thinks we will get pregnant again. I guess it's condoms for us.
thebearqueen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #97
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearqueen1 View Post
The risk of future complications scares me. With 4 kids, DH and I are done and he says he is going to get snipped, but hasn't yet because he is scared of the pain. I chose not to get a tubal during my c/s because of risk of complications and the more I think about it, the less I want DH getting a V. He is adamantly against Natural Family Planning just because he thinks we will get pregnant again. I guess it's condoms for us.
read my update 3 posts up.

My DH experienced pretty much no more pain than he would have if he stubbed his toe. I'm not even kidding. He said it was 3 out of 10 on the pain scale.

I know there are other things to be aware of that could go wrong. But, IMO, and in our experience, pain is not one of those things.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #98
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard that the pain is no big deal so much that's its not even a blimp on our radar of what to worry about. The complications from the surgery is what is very concerning to us.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #99
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are now 1 year out. Still a wonderful decision for us to have made.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #100
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
We are now 1 year out. Still a wonderful decision for us to have made.
Same here
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote