Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone considering vasectomy an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy4manlycds View Post
I haven't had one but, ironically, I was looking through the "Best of Craigslist" yesterday and ran across this - http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sdo/3148365387.html

It really made me laugh.
my dh was already on the fence about getting a V...after reading this (although i thought it was quite funny) he said yep that seals it...absolutely not haha!

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #22
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

My dad regretted it after two kids @ 35 years old.

I've read that the sperm released into the man's blood stream post-vasectomy creates sperm antigens that can contribute to/accelerate primary progressive aphasia. DH jokes that he already has enough difficulty communicating with me, so he doesn't need to make it any harder in the future. He won't be getting a vasectomy.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #23
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

No regrets. He had it done when our newbie was 3 weeks old. First day he was sore and then nothing. He said it never really hurt after that. He took 1 pain pill directly after the procedure and none of the others. I was back there and it was over quick.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #24
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

To us the risks or negative side effects were worth it when we factored in not having to worry about birth control for the rest of our lives. Plus factor in my history of kidney transplant and nothing was keeping us from getting it done. DH was more than happy to run into urology and lay on the table.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #25
Wapondi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband got one yesterday! Part of me feels a little sad but then I think about having another baby and it makes me panicky. It was def. the right decision for us.
Wapondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #26
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post
we were discussing it, but I read that it can have some negative side effects later on in life...and decided against.
same here.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

can someone talk more about the negative side effects?

I have heard about the sperm being released into the sac, and the body treating it as a foreign body and attacking it....

Are there other, more serious side effects?

We are considering this, as we are done with babies.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #28
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

We are getting one soon! I was just at the OB yesterday for my 6 week postpartum check up. He gave me a referral for a urologist. My DH will be 30 next month and I'm 29. We have thought about other options. I am allergic to every kind of metal there is, so no IUD's for us. I have been on hormonal birth control for the last 10 yrs (minus the 2 pregnancies) and I gained a lot of weight. My female family members are also prone to fibroids, so I am trying to avoid any foreign hormones or objects. Seems like our best option.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #29
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also would like to hear about negative side effects. Eek!
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #30
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
No regrets for anyone so far? Hmmm...me and dh have been talking about it. I think we should. We have one of each. I turned 30 this yr so my age is a non issue but I feel complete. The only thing that ever throws me, and this is gonna make me sound looney...when I have DD in a carrier on my back, I get this weird feeling like I am forgetting something. Kinda like when people are looking for their glasses and theyre on their face. Idk why it happens...doesnt seem to happen when she is in her crib but I wear her on my back everyday and Id say this feeling happens a couple times a wk. Its not even that I forget shes back there (Im really not that stupid, honest)..its just a weird feeling I cant describe.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
I know that feeling...I get it every day, and I have four kids. I think that feeling is just from us moms being so busy and multitasking all the time that we are always unknowingly checking for everything, someone gone missing, everyone okay, kwim?

My BIL had to have his vasectomy done twice. They didn't get the vas snipped on one side the first time (think it was probably a weird looking blood vessel or something). He likened it to having a tooth pulled (but down south ). So that is always a risk, and why it is so important to get checked before you consider DH to be shooting blanks.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote