Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
qhorses8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: how long do you let poop sit?

I have waited 4 days to spray a few times. When traveling, like just last weekend for Thanksgiving. I don't dunk in other peoples toliet. I will plop if possible. So all the poopies went into a separate wet bag from the wet ones and I spray when I get home.

As some said they are harder to spray later, and they seem to stain more but I have never had they stink issues using Tide.

Advertisement

qhorses8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #22
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

i meant poop sitting on diapers for a few days unsprayed or dunked. i feel kind of bad doing this but i never seem to have the time to clean the poop off after each time.it hasnt caused issues for us yet though. just wanted to see what other people do
Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #23
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

I generally let them sit until later in the day when I feel like messing around with them. I use prefolds and flats almost exclusively and for me, if it sits for a couple of hours it plops out better. DD has softer/mushy poop so that's why I do it this way. I have let them sit until wash day (happens more lately since I'm due soon and don't WANT to deal with it) before rinsing and it does seem like they take an extra hot wash to clean just because they have sat with poo for a few days and still smell a little.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #24
lalaith
Registered Users
seller

I've never dunked or sprayed... at most, I've used a disposable wipe to sorta wipe some off the diaper (we use disposable wipes anyway), but even then is "meh".

We just started solids, and are pretty inconsistent, so some days I have three or four ebf poop diapers, and sometimes i have one peanut butter poop every three days.

I'm the worst mama ever, that must be so hard on his digestive system...
and the joy my munchkin brings!
lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #25
kirst
Registered Users
seller

This thread has me rethinking taking a wetbag to the dayhome for my son. I rinse every poo dipe right then, but they won't....and I cant imagine how gross that must be to do later. Doesn't the poo just get on everything? I think I may just take a pail with a lid and ask them to dry pail them....then soak when I get home by filling the pail downstairs so I don't have to carry a heavy pail very far....uggh. Is it really harder to clean at day's end? I imagine the smell would be pretty bad.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #26
Happy Mommax4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm at home all day and its cold here now, DS is 19mo so I'm washing less frequently. He also doesn't have a dirty diaper every day but when he does I put it outside (its stinky!) plus I don't do a pail, I just pile the wet ones in a basket in our downstairs laundry room. anyway there are times when it's been a few days and there's like 2-3 diapers that I haven't addressed at all. I agree that it's way more "plopable", not a big deal- I like things simple.

if you start having issues deal w it sooner KWIM?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #27
Happy Mommax4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst
This thread has me rethinking taking a wetbag to the dayhome for my son. I rinse every poo dipe right then, but they won't....and I cant imagine how gross that must be to do later. Doesn't the poo just get on everything? I think I may just take a pail with a lid and ask them to dry pail them....then soak when I get home by filling the pail downstairs so I don't have to carry a heavy pail very far....uggh. Is it really harder to clean at day's end? I imagine the smell would be pretty bad.
You're talking like a zippered wet bag? also I've never had poo get on everything, usually I just wrap the cloth diaper up like a sposy. I don't wet anything, IME it makes smell way worse. get a few wetbags and wash them all together
Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #28
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I spray them off right away. I think if I would wait I'd never get to it. Poo grosses me out and I like to get rid of it ASAP. The few times DD was in sposies or I babysat a sposie kid, if there was a poopy dipe I'd go all the way outside and throw it away. DH seems to get lucky and DD doesn't poo with him, but if she did, I would tell him to leave it in the bathroom and I'd spray it as soon as I got off of work. Daycare doesn't do anything with poo either (she hasn't pooped there either yet) but when we get home I rinse off all the pee dipes and put them in the pail, and if there was poo I'd spray those too.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 AM   #29
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had one sit for 2 days that was forgotten about. It was nasty. We lived in a house with window ac and turned it off during the day. Poop and heat dont mix...yuck! After that, I bought bac out. Hubby couldnt throw a diaper in the pail until it was dumped and sprayed with bac out. I washed every 3rd day. As long as the poop was dumped, we didnt have issues.
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #30
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaith View Post
I've never dunked or sprayed... at most, I've used a disposable wipe to sorta wipe some off the diaper (we use disposable wipes anyway), but even then is "meh".

We just started solids, and are pretty inconsistent, so some days I have three or four ebf poop diapers, and sometimes i have one peanut butter poop every three days.

I'm the worst mama ever, that must be so hard on his digestive system...
my son was like that too. we have been on solids for 2 months and im still only giving him one or two a day. his poo is mainly formed but he never showed any intestinal discomfort