Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Would I have to accept something back in this situation?

I sold a wool soaker. I washed and lanolized it in wow vanilla sandalwood. I remember telling this to the buyer specifically.

She says the cover looks great, but she has a really sensitive nose, and it smells to heavily.

It is a wool felt cover, and can be machine washed.

Do I have to accept it back?

Advertisement

thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would I have to accept something back in this situation?

If you informed the buyer, I don't think you should have to take it back. She can wash it herself.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33andunder View Post
If you informed the buyer, I don't think you should have to take it back. She can wash it herself.
^This
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you decided to take it back I'd make the buyer pay for shipping both ways... see if she still wants to.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

I sent her a message back saying she can machine wash it, and I'm waiting for a response. She did offer to pay for shipping back to me.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

no i wouldnt take it back, you told her it was washed/lanolized then its too bad she doesnt like the smell, she can wash it with her scent of choice.

its like someone saying they wash their diapers in tide, i hate the smell of tide but i buy them anyways then get mad because they smell too much like tide.. no i cant return them i can wash them 10 times in my washer to get the smell out :P
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
no i wouldnt take it back, you told her it was washed/lanolized then its too bad she doesnt like the smell, she can wash it with her scent of choice.

its like someone saying they wash their diapers in tide, i hate the smell of tide but i buy them anyways then get mad because they smell too much like tide.. no i cant return them i can wash them 10 times in my washer to get the smell out :P
This exactly.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post

Totally agreed!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors

Yep. I'm allergic to tide, as is ODS, so I have to wash practically everything we get multiple times, since tide is the most common brand used with DS mamas. It's not like I don't do oodles of laundry anyway

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post

Exactly--

I have recieved diapers that i do not like the smell of the detergent used. not a big deal since I wash everything first anyway.