Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #11
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Friday!

I am with Jen, I never use a bread machine. For sandwich bread I LOVE this one http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2011/0...d-white-bread/ but for a good crusty bread with soup I use the recipe from artisan bread in 5 minutes a day...http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/20...-minutes-a-day

Advertisement

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I Use that second 1.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks, ladies!! I bookmarked the recipes and will be trying them this week!

Do y'all have a cleaning routine? Hubs thinks I'm crazy because I do certain things on certain days...I'm not, right?! LOL
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Monrning mamas! Coughy mcgee kept me up last night. Or rather, DH forgetting to give Ian all his meds at bedtime kept me up last night.

Brea, I have to do certain things on certain days or they don't get done. Like this week, I thought the washer was broken so now I am way behind on laundry. And since the week before was a holiday, I am now two weeks behind x 3 kids. Ugh.

Janine I am having the same types of dicussions with the girls, especially Ginger. Ginger has had a rough week at school, apparently the holiday behavior has started early. But it also may be because Coughy MMcGee could be keeping her from being well-rested. Her teacher doesn't want to do smiley faces or whatever, because G would have a meltdown at the end of the day if she didn't earn one. So I talked with G, we are putting reminder notes in her folder, her lunch, her snack etc to think before she reacts. And she is going to ask her teacher to remind her to think before she reacts before every gym/art/music/spanish class, and before they do any group activity or game. I told her the idea was to get her into the habit of being responsible for her own behavior, not us having to remind her all the time.

Brea, if you really can't live without a electric knife or breadmakes they frequently have them at the Salvation Army in Utica. IDK about the size/selection of SAs in your area, but that one is the largest in the state so it usually has whatever I am looking for at the time. But yeah there are plenty of bread recipes that don't require a machine. And I hang all my sweaters. I don't care that it may stretch them, because I am six feet tall and they usually need to stretch anyway.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #15
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both DH and I work out of the home full time now(I went back when MH was 8 weeks and Jerry has been the SAHD but started caring for his Mom last year so he is gone all day too, MH goes with him). So we pick up everything every night during tubby time or I do it right after school if I have time. We also do a load of laundry every night or morning.
2 Saturdays a month or so, Jerry takes MH out for the morning and I clean the whole house. In between those time he or I run the vacuum if it needs it, or swish the potty, wipe down the sink, etc...
Old 11-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jess we must be living parallel lives sans horses. I also recently bought two photo collage frames and I actually put pix in them this week. I have to consult with hubs about where to put the holes in the wall before I hang them though. Don't want to mess up the paint job more than I have to. Joann's has had their fancy collage frames on 60% for the past couple weeks, and yesterday I saw some poster-size fancy ones (like a real heavy wood frame with real mats) at Homegoods for $25. I didn't get it though because the photo assortment (2 8x10,, 3 5x7, 4 4x6) does not really split well with mmy photo assortment ATM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jess we must be living parallel lives sans horses. I also recently bought two photo collage frames and I actually put pix in them this week. I have to consult with hubs about where to put the holes in the wall before I hang them though. Don't want to mess up the paint job more than I have to. Joann's has had their fancy collage frames on 60% for the past couple weeks, and yesterday I saw some poster-size fancy ones (like a real heavy wood frame with real mats) at Homegoods for $25. I didn't get it though because the photo assortment (2 8x10,, 3 5x7, 4 4x6) does not really split well with mmy photo assortment ATM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #18
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Balloon Rally Weekend! We will be in ABQ tomorrow but MH should get to see some balloons this morning at school. Wind is low. Balloons should go up!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #19
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo
Monrning mamas! Coughy mcgee kept me up last night. Or rather, DH forgetting to give Ian all his meds at bedtime kept me up last night.

Brea, I have to do certain things on certain days or they don't get done. Like this week, I thought the washer was broken so now I am way behind on laundry. And since the week before was a holiday, I am now two weeks behind x 3 kids. Ugh.

Janine I am having the same types of dicussions with the girls, especially Ginger. Ginger has had a rough week at school, apparently the holiday behavior has started early. But it also may be because Coughy MMcGee could be keeping her from being well-rested. Her teacher doesn't want to do smiley faces or whatever, because G would have a meltdown at the end of the day if she didn't earn one. So I talked with G, we are putting reminder notes in her folder, her lunch, her snack etc to think before she reacts. And she is going to ask her teacher to remind her to think before she reacts before every gym/art/music/spanish class, and before they do any group activity or game. I told her the idea was to get her into the habit of being responsible for her own behavior, not us having to remind her all the time.

Brea, if you really can't live without a electric knife or breadmakes they frequently have them at the Salvation Army in Utica. IDK about the size/selection of SAs in your area, but that one is the largest in the state so it usually has whatever I am looking for at the time. But yeah there are plenty of bread recipes that don't require a machine. And I hang all my sweaters. I don't care that it may stretch them, because I am six feet tall and they usually need to stretch anyway.
Thanks, mama! I'll have to check that out! I'm 5'3 1/2", so if they stretch too much I look silly! LOL

I hope your notes help!! That would be a big challenge!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How fun Jen!

I have the upstairs done. Clothes in both W/D. Two loads ready for me to put away. NOw where is that house fairy to undestroy my kitchen?