Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
thinking of doing a ffs?

Dd is refusing her cloth and wool so I have a ton of dipes to unload I've listed some of the better stuff because we do need the money but I have a ton that isn't pretty like some overgrown prefolds that I accidentally overbleached so now they aren't pretty ;( they are good dipes barely worn just not pretty. Plus I have some covers and even some wool that just isn't worth the trouble of listing and haggling. I'm always concerned that I may end up giving it to someone who isn't exactly in need of it and some mama who is struggling is going without because of it. Is there a way to weed out the greed? I hope it isn't rude to ask :/

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: thinking of doing a ffs?

I kind of have the same question. I once did a ffs and then saw my stuff for sale! If it was pockets or something I'd donate it to Give Diapers Give Hope. I'm just not sure what to do about the wool.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

There's an opt in m2m (think that's what it's called) section under coops and swaps. It's for moms to post who are in need.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cool will check it out!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Where is co-op located?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Coop swaps and m2m are all opt in, so go to user cp and there's a list of things you can opt into, or apply to be a part of. Then once you're in it the m2m is in "taking care of business" at the very bottom of the page

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
Made of Fleece
Registered Users
Formerly: cidcatrichards
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
I once did a ffs and then saw my stuff for sale!
SOOO uncool.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
I kind of have the same question. I once did a ffs and then saw my stuff for sale! If it was pockets or something I'd donate it to Give Diapers Give Hope. I'm just not sure what to do about the wool.
That happened to a friend of mine on here she got the idea to do a lot of trading and buying so she could put together a huge stash of bg to give away to a mama who was in need she did a lotto and stated that they were all bg and practically brand new so if you don't like bg no need to apply. She even fixed the Velcro on some of the dipes because she wanted them perfect. Well she picked a mama and within a few days (maybe weeks) they were listed and the mama even put on the listing that the Velcro was crooked but she didn't do it etc. It was so sad. I know that once you give somethin it's theirs to do as they please but she specifically said if you don't like bg please don't enter. So I guess she was out to make a buck? Makes me leery lol.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama View Post
That happened to a friend of mine on here she got the idea to do a lot of trading and buying so she could put together a huge stash of bg to give away to a mama who was in need she did a lotto and stated that they were all bg and practically brand new so if you don't like bg no need to apply. She even fixed the Velcro on some of the dipes because she wanted them perfect. Well she picked a mama and within a few days (maybe weeks) they were listed and the mama even put on the listing that the Velcro was crooked but she didn't do it etc. It was so sad. I know that once you give somethin it's theirs to do as they please but she specifically said if you don't like bg please don't enter. So I guess she was out to make a buck? Makes me leery lol.
Now that is terrible.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I thought so too very sad.