Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Peeing my pants!!- please move to pregnancy

Ok, I did NOT have this with DS. I've even fighting off back to back colds for the past month. For the past two days ive noticed it happening everytime I cough. It's not a huge gush, just a small trickle. Ive been doing kegels reliably for the past month or so. Should I be worried? Is it likely just preg related or could it be bc of how much I've strained myself coughing for a month?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by amb2j; 11-26-2012 at 01:34 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Peeing my pants!!- please move to pregnancy

Aw. It's normal. Just keep with the Kegels. But remember, the pressure from the tiny human growing in your womb is smashing your poor little bladder, so trying to contain the pee there sometimes just doesn't work the way you want it to.

I pee my pants at least once a day.

All I can do now is laugh.

Everytime I sneeze, I say, "Aw MAN!" And DH just laughs, b/c he knows what just happened. If I laugh too hard, I pee myself. If I cough, I pee myself. If I strain, I pee myself.

I'd say I'm a regular ole' lady in need of some Depends!

Totally normal. Not pretty. Not sexy. Not in the least awesome. But, it IS totally normal.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Guess I'll just break out the mama cloth again Lmbo!

Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
stephbrown13
Registered Users

I never had this issue whatsoever with DS1. With DS2 I felt like I had to make it to the bathroom FAST or I *might* pee myself. Luckily I never did and still havent. I have lots of friends that have this problem though. Just keep up the kegals and hope for the best
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ive been peeing on myself for months now-sneeze, cough, laugh ect it doesnt matter

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is when I'm thankful for never having a vaginal birth! I can't imagine it getting worse with each pregnancy either.
For the life of me I can't remember where I read the articles, but it said that kegals aren't as effective as you might think in strengthening the pelvic floor. The recommendation was something along the lines of the more you "O" (basically contracting the pelvic muscles) the better chance you have of not tearing and Lessing the chance of incontinence.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
"the more u o?"..."Ccing DH lol!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish I could tell you it will get better....But I can't I have had 4 vaginal deliveries and it happens even when I am not pregnant. God help me if I vomit because that will not be a little "tinkle" as DH calls it. I am with the pp, if DH hears me sneeze and then say "oh man" he says very sweetly "oh baby did you tinkle?"
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
This is when I'm thankful for never having a vaginal birth! I can't imagine it getting worse with each pregnancy either.
For the life of me I can't remember where I read the articles, but it said that kegals aren't as effective as you might think in strengthening the pelvic floor. The recommendation was something along the lines of the more you "O" (basically contracting the pelvic muscles) the better chance you have of not tearing and Lessing the chance of incontinence.
The bolded kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe you didn't mean anything by it, though. :/

To the rest of it about "O" ing... that explains a whole lot! I've never held off from DTD when pg. LOL.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

I read that doing deep squats was more effective than kegals for pelvic floor muscles. Let me go see if I can find a link to the article.

BTW, it's not just vaginal birth that leads to incontinence, pregnancy will do it to...
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote