Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! Just found out I'm pregnant, and low progesterone, but cannot afford the me

Yes 4.7 is very low. Sorry mama but I think you should try the oto at least you want 15-20 at least.

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help! Just found out I'm pregnant, and low progesterone, but cannot afford the me

Yes, it is low but try not to worry too much. There is a large range of "normal". I did an over the counter cream from a health food store, cut all soy (it is a natural estrogen) and took Welcome Womb for the entire first trimester. The cream was about $30 but lasted the whole time I needed to take it. I would call your midwife and ask her if that would be an option.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Call the manufacturer themselves. Not sure if it's the same for every type of medication, but my dad was going to have to pay over $400 a month for his depression meds. He called the manufacturer, and not only are they sending him a 90 day supply for free, but after that, he only has to pay $90 a month if he orders directly through them.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
I pray everything turns out good mama. I'd be very nervous also, but please try and relax and not stress. That will not help your pregnancy at all.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

id order it from an overseas pharmacy
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Doesnt your midwife have an after hours number? I would call her. If she doesnt have a way to reach her after hours, I would find a new provider
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, find the cream somewhere. 7.4 is low, but mine was lower with this past pregnancy (below 5) and my 7wk old is about to start fussing any minute now. It can happen. You are still really, really early with hCG of only 28 still. So, really 7.4 isn't as bad as it sounds since it starts out low, just like the hCG, and then has to rise also. Go get the cream. You can find it at any health food store, even GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe. It's better if it can be made from soy, but the ones from yams are definitely better than nothing if that's all you can find. I would probably put it on twice a day even though it will probably only say once. Very important, if you do start, do NOT stop until 12wks or until your MW says it's okay to do so. You need to be taking it till the placenta takes over producing the progesterone which is around 9-10wks. Many RE's (we are infertile and get pregnant through IVF) have you take it till 12wks to be extra safe. Good luck!!! I'll say a prayer for you and your baby. PS - The OTC is not the same as the prescription, but ultimately the biggest difference is the dosage (hence me saying I would take it 2x's a day). There are other differences, but I won't go into them. It will work. But, remember progesterone is not going to save a pregnancy unless low progesterone is the only issue. Hopefully, that makes sense.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 11-30-2012 at 07:31 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Yes, find the cream somewhere. 7.4 is low, but mine was lower with this past pregnancy (below 5) and my 7wk old is about to start fussing any minute now. It can happen. You are still really, really early with hCG of only 28 still. So, really 7.4 isn't as bad as it sounds since it starts out low, just like the hCG, and then has to rise also. Go get the cream. You can find it at any health food store, even GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe. It's better if it can be made from soy, but the ones from yams are definitely better than nothing if that's all you can find. I would probably put it on twice a day even though it will probably only say once. Very important, if you do start, do NOT stop until 12wks or until your MW says it's okay to do so. You need to be taking it till the placenta takes over producing the progesterone which is around 9-10wks. Many RE's (we are infertile and get pregnant through IVF) have you take it till 12wks to be extra safe. Good luck!!! I'll say a prayer for you and your baby. PS - The OTC is not the same as the prescription, but ultimately the biggest difference is the dosage (hence me saying I would take it 2x's a day). There are other differences, but I won't go into them. It will work. But, remember progesterone is not going to save a pregnancy unless low progesterone is the only issue. Hopefully, that makes sense.
No, not 7.4....My levels are 4.7!

I will try the natural food store tomorrow. They are quite helpful with so much there. We have a local owned one.

As for midwife after hours, I can usually call her, but she went to NYC this weekend, and her alternate went to Mexico. Not sure why they went out at the same time! But as for midwives, I totally trust her and wouldn't change providers. I'm not sure why she's in NYC right now, and it could be a family thing. The other midwife I'm not crazy about, and she goes to mexico 4 times a year on vacation. Must be nice.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #19
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I get mine from a compounding pharmacy. They will make it in whatever form I want...pill, suppository, or cream...and it's $30 for a month supply.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #20
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
No, not 7.4....My levels are 4.7!

I will try the natural food store tomorrow. They are quite helpful with so much there. We have a local owned one.

As for midwife after hours, I can usually call her, but she went to NYC this weekend, and her alternate went to Mexico. Not sure why they went out at the same time! But as for midwives, I totally trust her and wouldn't change providers. I'm not sure why she's in NYC right now, and it could be a family thing. The other midwife I'm not crazy about, and she goes to mexico 4 times a year on vacation. Must be nice.
Oops! Sorry about that. I obviously transposed the numbers. I still stand by what I said though. It's low, but it has to start somewhere and your hCG was still really low too. I hope you find what you need.

I'd like to go on vacation to the next town over just once a year. 4 times a year sounds like heaven. Though, I am thinking of a vacation alone or just with hubby. She probably takes her family if she has children who are still living at home.