Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
little hoot
Registered Users
seller

Re: need a chill pill need a chill pill need a chill pill need a chill pill need a ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
Okay, I have been in that situation except it was a Williams Sonoma food processor. Tears and everything. This is what I did.

I went online and figured out approximately what they spent on the items, then picked out stuff I could actually use (my first set of nice frying pans, but I was very picky about the pieces--only a few and only what I would truly use, not a whole set). Then I called Williams Sonoma, explained that I would like an exchange, and arranged for a pickup with an order for my new stuff in the box. Then after it arrived, I called her and thanked her up and down for the pans. She was confused, she had sent me a food processor. Oh well, they must have made a mistake! And I LOVE my new frying pans, so don't worry about calling the store to fix it, Mom.

A bit deceitful, yes. But I couldn't bear to hurt her feelings, and they would have been badly hurt. And I couldn't stand the thought of all that money and space wasted.
Ok, I'm loving this! My mother buys us so much, most of it we don't need. She buys stuff in stores, not online, and never gives a gift receipt. I never know where anything comes from so we just bring stuff to Goodwill or donate it elsewhere. We don't have the same style, so sorry mom. There are always things we need and I feel guilty because my mom and dad work really hard, but I'm not keeping stuff just to make her happy (anymore). Over it. We could really just use grocery and gas giftcards since $ is tight. I should write this down for when DD is older.

Advertisement

Trying out swagbucks.

Last edited by little hoot; 12-12-2012 at 01:43 PM.
little hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #22
Jenette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum
Can you tell your mum you *absolutely love* the stuff, but your kitchen is so small, and you're so disappointed you can't use it. Can you maybe go shopping with her next time you're there and have a lovely girly day?
This ... And call the store for returns. Select something that will work for you and tell your mom what you got.