Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Badonkadonk Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: mikeandtiff
seller

Bedwetting alarm? Help guide me!

As with everything, so many types and brands on the market. It is overwhelming. I'd love to hear positive and negative feedback on whatever bed-wetting alarms you have tried to help us decide what to buy.

If it makes a difference for design, etc, we have a 6 year old boy that we will be purchasing for.

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Katie Mae
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bedwetting alarm? Help guide me!

Hmmm, no advice except that my parents bought one for me when I was little and it didn't work. As in, I continued to sleep and the entire house would be awake and my parents would have to come in and get me out of bed and take care of it, try to wake me up to change me, etc. I grew out of bedwetting between 7 and 8 maybe? Could have been between 8 and 9 though. So good luck because maybe there are better ones now 20ish years later? And hopefully your DS isn't as deep a sleeper as I was when I was younger.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
ThreeLittleLovies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bedwetting alarm? Help guide me!

We tried a bedwetting alarm for our 6 year old boy. It was the kind the clips to the underwear/pull-up and has a pager that goes off when it feels wetness. We used a baby monitor so we could hear it too. We got up and helped him run to the bathroom. The first few nights were very wet but gradually got dryer until he stayed dry. He only stayed dry for a few days without the alarm before he started wetting again. So we went back to the alarm and the cycle repeated itself again and again. Eventually we stopped sing it because it began alarming randomly and wouldn't shut off until we took the batteries out.

We used the Malem ultimate from bedwettingstore.com
ThreeLittleLovies is offline   Reply With Quote