Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #91
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ~~December~~ Chicken Moma Chat Thread. :) Come chat!

Yes I am!!! I want them for our keep flock, the main gals. We even decided to keep on a cpl retirees, lol. I want the variety you have and the color in our basket. These will most likely just be kept to a low # like 2 or 3:1 for breeding. Gotta get to work on plans for pens. Ray doesn't know all of this yet. He knows some, just not the more than a cpl breeding coops/runs thing, lol. I'll prob have everyone together for a while if we can't get it done in time. I dunno just yet? I'd be honored to have some of your Liz! Their yours!

Ah, I've gotta head to bed.

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #92
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Liz, if I do get seperate breeding pens going when these all get bigger, I'll send you whatever you want! I also am pretty sure I will have the cream legbar's and Norwegian Jaerhons, also some spectacular silkies. Those will be spring I think?All from some fancy rare bloodline. I'm trading $200 worth of stuff without shipping of 3 lfrb's included in that $ for them all. Also a rare duck breed for Cayden. I would never pay those prices, but I needed the stuff gone, she was iso it all and I wanted the breeds she had. She's actually gonna hatch them for me so she can sex them. 2 male and 4 pullets of each, then 12 of the ducks. Silver Appleyard. Lay 250 av eggs per yr, huge meat birds, and friendly. She said the 2 chicken breeds were importet to be replinished as they were becoming way to rare. She's part of the repopulation program and runs some her regional program. Very nice Moma! She's wiping me out of cd's, trainers, gjmmies, and wool, lol!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #93
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

wow, Sarah! Lucky you! I'm impressed, you came out of that deal like a rockstar! LOL You're going to have a gorgeous flock. Of course you are more than welcome to babies from my flock but with all that I have no clue why you want em. LOL!!

baby pic, they were too cute snoozin' tonight. Dh says they're all ugly right now. OH well... they'll be pretty eventually.

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 12-18-2012 at 10:53 PM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #94
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mellting! Look at those babies!!!

Because they are your Liz! It'd be an honor for me. They would be part of our main flock, our layers that get to free-range. I'm sure I'd have plenty of these to incubate, but they wouldn't be yours. I really cherrish the kind friendship you have offered me and I'd love to go out to let the flock out in the am and have a cpl of your babies run up.

FODIE_______ Did you find you pup???!!!!?????
Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #95
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

aww. Well you and anyone else who wants them are welcome to eggs.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #96
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Liz, what's mine is yours. If all works out, I'd be happy to get you set up with a breeding trio or whatever. The eggs go for $50 per 6 from what I have found. And they need repopulating. It would be a favor to the breed. Plus, they could pay for feed. I think I would still want to free range them on every other day, like a scedual. If I can have 3 breeding groups in their own homes, I'd free range every 4th days or maybe half the day and the main girls in the first half of the day. Or do larger runs? I have no clue. Too many dreams to figure it out, lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #97
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Dh might kill me if I set up breeding pens. It would depend on whether we stay here or not. I would love a "surprise" mix from your flock though.

Ok so I'm going to take a guess what the babies are going to look like just for fun!

I think Sophia's going to be this with stronger patterning on the hackles and back:

her sister lena is going to look like this:

Tessa, like a cross of the two moms, like this:

and maria (mo - think this is a boy!)
if it's a boy:

if a girl, a little carbon copy of mom.

Should be interesting what I get with a larger hatch. Looks like Sophia is the only one who will not be some combination of black/white. though.

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 12-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #98
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are georgious!

I wanna play!!!
cream legbar-htf good pics

Look at this crap price for a day old chick:
$60!!!!!!

Norwegian Jaerhons

All I could find was $75 for 2 chicks.

silver appleyard duck

?$13 day old straight run.

Look what I found Liz! Arn't these the ones you dream of?
http://heritagerareandexoticpoultrya...sh_flower_hens

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 12-19-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #99
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Those are going to be fun Sarah! you're going to need a few more coops. Yes I love them! But they're going to have to wait until some of my flock ages out. Dh is already doing the "how many are you keeping!?" thing.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #100
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haha! Ray asked yesterday, "sooooo, how many exactly are there now?" HAHAHA!!! I replied, I have a plan and those are for the freezer. he can't argue with healthy food we raised. I have some lovely cochin hens I'll sell spring. I also have some of the replacements for the retiree's. Plus, I want to sell a cpl of the br's.