Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #101
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ~~December~~ Chicken Moma Chat Thread. :) Come chat!

Ugh, it's like freezing monsoon here. Muddy eggs it's so bad. And of course everyone is out soaked to the skin playing, lol.

How's everyone doin?

Fodie, you find your dog?

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #102
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

She did find him ! Some idiot guy stole him! So they went and stole him back.

It was soooooo cold here this am, it dropped to 20 degrees last night! The boys came running in laughing saying mom the chickens are biting at their water! Oh no! I ran out and poured hot water over the tray and broke up the ice in the container. OYE. I'll probably get 6 eggs total today if I'm lucky. I saw a lot of poop with heavy urates. I need to hurry and make that waterer heater, I didn't think I'd need it until next month.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #103
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

HI All,

Yep Sarah, like Liz said. We got out big baby boy back! Best Christmas present ever! We are in the middle of a blizzard right now, we have gotten over a foot of snow so far and the wind is blowing at about 50mph. A lot of roads are closed and travel is not advised in most of Iowa. The chickens are mad because I locked them in the coop, I got one egg this morning. I fell in the snow and it cracked in my pocket Hoping power doesn't go out at any point in this storm.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #104
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Fodie send it our way! We want to play in the snow so bad! The last storm dropped just a tantalizing few flakes on us (literally like 2 minutes) and then blew into AZ. They're saying a possibility for christmas eve. please pleeeeease!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #105
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay Fodie!!!!

Man Liz. I can't believe you normally won't need one till next month.

We're getting around 20 at night, tom's high is 35. Then for Christmas eve we have rain and thunderstorms in the 40! Yuck. We get the weirdest weather here.

Dang Fodie, 50mph winds. I though it was awfull out here atm. I can't get the tarps on the grow-out pen to stay on. Our new carport acts like it's gonna go. I can't believe for the price it didn't come with supports. It's the metal kind. The house sounds like it's gonna blow away. I almost fell in the mud today for one egg. Poor Fodie. I can't believe it broke. Mine all ended up being first thing this am.

Oh!!! Ray got up early enough to rotate my tired and water had blown in the outbuilding, concrete floor. So he did it in the driveway, yes in this weather. He's ok, but the wind blew the dang van off the jacks! poor Ray. He was so out of breath and tired. I'm worried he won't be able to make it up the mt. on his way home. This is gonna be an issue working in Sparta during winter, I know it. We have to spend the day in Knox tomorrow at children's. Ugh. I hope we make it back in time to get the eggs from the po. I can't believe it fell on that day of all days. I'm gonna be itching to get back!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 12-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #106
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Be careful sarah!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #107
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

So glad your dog is back Fodie!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 AM   #108
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been up since 3:30. Pain in the neck/back w/ anxiety again. Rggg. Feelin better now. So I was lookin at the weather and by 9am we should be 28. We're almost always 3 deg cooler than forcasted because of our geography. Ray made it home ok. Now the Christmas eve prediction is 51?! Ah, hotter with the storms. Now when it get's warmer here with winter storms, it get's bad. I sure hope we don't get jipped out of our heavy snows again this year. Last winter was like this, and it gave a whole year of crappy weather. Boy, I locked the girls up last night and everyone was confused. All of the smalls were down in the botton in their daytime hideout trying to keep from freezing. I had to catch everyone and put them in the coop. I was in my robe and gown. I knew better. I had just taken a bath and nearly froze to death. I though it was gonna be a quick shut and lock. Then I hear all the little chirps, I'm like NO WAY! The run was still slop too. Can't believe I didn't fall.

Man, I still can't believe Fodie got her baby boy back! The police prob would have had a hard time getting him. I'm glad you just went and grabbed him! I would have done the same!

Sorry ahead of time for such a massive photobomb.

Happy Hollidays, from our family to yours!

Some of these may be repeats.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #109
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We got hit by that massive blizzard that was only supposed to be an inch of snow I had to put the stupid chickens in last night.... They were just covered in frozen snow , and now this morning they won't come out of the coop.

It's gonna be a long winter.
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #110
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was thinking the same thing Becky, long winter.

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 12-23-2012 at 07:01 AM.