Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #51
jason&jilliansmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We always said four. Once we had three i wondered if that was enough. A little coaxing from DH and we now have 4 and I wouldn't have it any other way!! (except maybe when they're all screaming/fighting/not listening lol). And we are done. Had a tubal during my c/s in August.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #52
Jleigh8289
Registered Users
seller

I've always wanted 4-6. Lol! We stopped at two because we had one boy and one girl and everyone said we didn't need anymore and we had the perfect family. I just haven't felt "done" this entire time and I want more! So we're going to do the one kid at a time thing until I have the done feeling, it might be this next time on our third, or I might get my 4-6. I don't know.
Jleigh8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #53
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Re: How big of a family

We never had a set number. I had 3 before DH and I married, one of whom was still quite young at 4 1/2 when we met.

We talked about two more since that was what we could financially afford taking into account the cost of daycare. We have since decided that I will drop to PT and work around his hours, so that we no longer pay daycare for after school care when current bun (due this month) arrives. Now that we will no longer have to factor in daycare costs, we have decided that we will be open to whatever children we may be blessed with after this baby (not TTC or TTA).

So for us, we love the idea of a housefull of LOs, but it was initially the cost of childcare that was holding us back.
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #54
AshDaShXO
Registered Users

My Mood:

DH has two older brothers and an older sister. He's always wanted 2-3 kids and so have I. We'll be happy with however big of a family we have though
AshDaShXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #55
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrisel View Post
I KNOW this isn't a question anyone can answer for us, but how did you decide how many children to have. I always assumed two (which we have now). DH wants three, but is fine with two. We won't be making any decisions for a while as the you gets is 3 weeks old, but this is eating at me! Some outside perspective could help settle my unease. Thanks!
We just sought God's will for our lives. We didn't feel led to prevent until #4 was born. Now DH feels like we are to be done. I am praying the desire for more is closed in my heart and will follow my DH's decision as God appointed him to lead our family. It's taking a lot of trust!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #56
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandFsMomma View Post
It's so hard to decide what to do. DH and I always said 2 babes. We don't want to ad to overpopulation, we figure we are leaving 2 people when we die etc etc.
It sure is nice to have as many hands as children, and to not be outnumbered.

We have 2 children, a daughter and a son, perfect!

But now that DS is getting close to 2 years old, I want another baby! And I absolutely love being pregnant.

We haven't ruled it out completely, but it really goes against what we thought was right for us. I think what it will come down to will be finances...

Wow, that wasn't helpful! Sorry, but thanks for letting me vent!
Saw this really cool post about the myth of overpopulation:

http://www.nurseryofthenation.com/20...tion-myth.html
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #57
Dancingham
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
We just let God decide then we don't even have to think about it
This is me. I was brought up to believe that children are a blessing from the Lord. Most, if not all of us, would definitely feel blessed if we received a raise at work, or a new car, but limit children, when all three are to be considered blessings.

I am not under the illusion that it will be easy. I'm sure raising a child to love God and others in spite of our selfish nature will be quite difficult, but I see a lot of love when I interact with large families. And choosing to let God "plan" our family doesn't automatically mean that we will have a large family, but that we will be happy with what He gives us. I do also like the idea of adoption too, but we'll see.
Dancingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #58
Dancingham
Registered Users

oh, and DH and I both come from families with 3 children (he's oldest of 3 and I am middle), so a large family would be different for both us. Praise the Lord that children usually only come one or two at a time so you can adjust to having each one in the family and loving them accordingly!
Dancingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #59
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

you just ... KNOW when you're done. or, at least i think thats the easy answer =]
Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
sondramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #60
Sheree612
Registered Users
seller

We think we want 4... We're expecting our second in May, we'll see if our minds change after lol
Sheree612 is offline   Reply With Quote