Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Nausea Meds???

Anyone else take meds for their nausea/morning sickness? My OB/GYN gave me some anti-nausea pills b/c my m/s was so bad with my baby girl last time and its bad this time too. Was wondering if anyone else has tried them? (just took my first one today) I tried EVERYTHING and nothing else helped

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
Colleeny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nausea Meds???

I believe nausea meds are a bit risky for baby and not recomended unless you are severely sick and can't keep anything down. I would try upping your intake of all B vitamins (especially B9? I think) and sipping lemonaide or smelling ginger. Sorry mama I don't have any better suggestions.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What are you taking? I took meds for nausea with both my pregnancies (I had hyperemisis my whole pregnancy both times) without any problems, and I took them quite regularly. I primarily took zofran (4 mg 3x/daily w/ 1st pg & 8 mg 2x/daily w/ 2nd pg), but also used promethazine (Phenergan) occasionally during both pregnancies as well. Phenergan does have some documented risk to the baby and is pregnancy category C, but Zofran has yet to show any risk and is pregancy category B.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
bethhill104
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took a syrup while I was pregnant. I cannot remember the name of it though. It helped sometimes. You only take it as you are getting nauseous.
But, it is basically like a high sugar syrup. Maybe just try a tbsp of sugar or maple syrup?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for your tips ladies~maple syrup makes me nauseous the med i am taking is: Metoclopramdide~~~generic for Reglam. 10mg i took one and it made me really sleepy, but worked! anyone else tried this med? I read up on it and its an L2 so its def. safe for BFing and actually prescribed to increase milk supply

Last edited by CrunchyMama0607; 05-13-2007 at 04:15 PM.
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #6
alisha_roseleip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took zofran for most of my pregnancy and it was my saving grace for not being sick. I have also heard of people having great luck with vitamin b12 and 1/2 a unisom though. It seems to have worked before I was preggo for car sickness, so I am sure it might work for morning sickness as well
alisha_roseleip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took Zofran during my pregnancy with our trippies. For me it was the only way I could eat at all. Even with the meds I had mild nausea almost my entire pregnancy (in the beginning from morning sickness and at the end b/c they were smushing my stomach). Hope you get some relief. Preggie Pops really helped me a lot too.
Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh yes! LOVE the orange flavor Preggie Pops, but haven't tried them this pregnancy. I need to invest in some......peppermint seems to help sometimes too.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #9
*~*Terri*~*
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_mama06 View Post
oh yes! LOVE the orange flavor Preggie Pops, but haven't tried them this pregnancy. I need to invest in some......peppermint seems to help sometimes too.
I was gonna say, peppermint worked for me. ESPECIALLY the highly potent candies....Altoids I believe they were?

With the Reglan though, be careful how many a day that you are taking. I believe that the normal dose is every 8 hours, but make sure you're not taking more than 4 a day.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #10
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took reglan with my first pregnancy. I was soooooo sick that I lost quite a bit of weight. I was sick for about 4 months and I could hardly eat anything. I was miserable. Reglan helped me sooo much. With my second pregnancy I was on Zofran and it helped me a lot too but my SIL tried to take it with her second pregnancy and it didnt help her at all so I think it varies. Cinnamon tooth paste was a big help to me because minty toothpaste just made me sick again when I brused my teeth. I also used to eat the honey flavored teddy grahms whenever I felt sick and that helped some too. I have heard of ginger helping. Good luck mama, m/s is miserable .