Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #11
babydogs3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nausea Meds???

I have had horrible morning sickness too. The dr. put me on zofran too which helped a lot. but my insurance company would only cover 12 pills a month (what the heck is only 12 pills going to do!!) and it was too expensive to get otherwise so I then had to take a different med. that didn't help at all. Now the dr. has me taking B6 which isn't really helping. I've also tried preggo pops, ginger, lemonade, and nothing helps very much. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and really hoping it stops soon.

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
BelovedBird
Registered Users
seller

I took metoclopramide hydrochloride (Pramin) when I was vomiting constantly with my first 3, but only after the first tri. This time I am much less nauseous but have taken it occasionally when traveling or feeling really sick.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #13
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ive had Reglan during pregnancy for nausea, but only through an IV when Id end uo in the ER or clinic with dehydration and unable to keep anything down (which happened countless times both pregnancies).. Ive also had Reglan to increase my milk supply just recently (but Im not pregnant).
Old 05-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #14
Scarlet Begonia
Registered Users

Do you have insurance that covers acupuncture? It's a MIRACLE!

Ume Boshi is GREAT too....you can get it in all different forms at most health food/natural stores!
Scarlet Begonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #15
Thrice Blessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've taken Reglan, Zofran, another one, and the one that helped me the best was Prevacid, believe it or not. I think the acid must have been causing my nausea. another new one like Prevacid did nothing for me, but I can't remember that name either. I'd stick w/ the Reglan if it helps-both my kids are on it-it's very safe. Zofran made me horribly constipated (TMI, sorry) and these side-affects outweighted the benefits for me. Hope you feel better soon-I hate that feeling...........
Old 05-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #16
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Preggie pops worked kind of with me, but when my first OB visit happened, it was at the end of the first tri and my m/s was weaning off... but she offered to prescribe them if I didn't feel better.

I know how you feel mama, I hope it gets better!!!
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #17
gooseysmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

i started off this pregnancy with reglan but it gave me HORRIBLE migranes so they gave me phenergan instead..low dose didn't work so they upped it and i was like a walking zombie...it made me soo tired that i would HAVE TO lay down and sleep within 3 hours of taking it and then i would sleep for 3 hours...so i only took it on the weekends when dh was home....suffered through the week...

then my midwife spoke with one of the ob's in the practice and fought for the zofran with my insurance company (12 pills upwards of $500 generic....ugh) and got them to ok the 12 pills at an 8mg dosage so i could cut them in half and get more out of them.....they have to fight for the refills too ...

i am 24wks now and am down a bit in dosage but still need to take it bc if i don't, i can't eat at all bc everything makes me soooo sick ot my stomach..having a hard time getting protein down......ugh..none of the natural remedies worked for me and i don't think i will ever be able to drink gingerale again or anything ginger...

good luck mama..hope you feel better soon!!

ISO: fall/winter wool and sets. Would LOVE some Harper......M/L
gooseysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #18
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was on Zofran for my entire 2nd trimester (M/S started at 11w6d, and lasted well into 25-26 weeks), and it was a lifesaver. I had hyperemesis gravidarum, and those 8mg wonders were worth every cent (if your insurance covers it, of course).
Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #19
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies! i didnt puke @ all today!! and didnt have to take the meds (wouldnt ya know it..the very day dh IS off work and i dont need the med) its sorta has a pattern though.....i puke one day not the next then puke the day after. to all my fellow m/s sufferers, good luck and thanks ladies for the tips!!

BTW, momma who sent me a PM, ill get back to you,i swear! my dh is off work for 2-3 days, so i might not be on much. but i will answer soon
Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #20
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My last pregrancy was brutal when it came to nausea. I bought crystalized ginger from the healthfood store. It really helped. Although ... i have to admit - I even puked the day I gave birth! alor of what set me off was smells. My poor DH.. i think I almost drove him nuts. It seemed like it was him sometimes... I could smell if he had fish for lunch.. even if he brushed his teeth - really weird.

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote