Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

Morning mamas. Excited for Ru/Mel, and for Janine!

IDK anything about Samsung or your provider Jess, but I have a Droid3 with a pullout keyboard because I hate texting/posting on touchscreen. But it's not even a year old and the buttons are already giving out. You can really tell when I post here when I am posting from my Chromebook and when I am posting from my phone, because the caps key doesn't work and some of the other buttons produce punctuation instead of letters, and I've given up trying to correct them. I think obviously the next step is to either embrace the touchscreen or learn the voice recognition functions (and most phones have them, but don't market that they have them) rather than be dependent on a keyboard that will eventually fail.

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #22
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IMHO, the keyboard on my slideout (again, not familiar with your brand or provider) is not nearly good a quality or durable as the blackberries DH has had for work. I am guessing to make them slide out, you lose some of that as a trade-off.
cherylchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am excited, they are changing around horses and getting another new mare today. They are leasing her because the person that owns her can't sell her (too expensive) but can't afford to keep her boarded. They had her one other time and got a GORGEOUS filly and now they get to keep her and breed her for board. The bonus is that she is super well trained for riding so now SIL and I will have 3, soon 4 really good horses to ride Not counting the old, sometimes lame mare that the littles ride. I feel guilty riding her. OH and they are bringing Titan (the little paint colt) back over here for some extra human contact.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #24
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If he is used to a keyboard, could you just get him a new Blackberry? I have the Torch, and have had it for 2 years now with no issues.

Cleaning and trying to get stuff done. E is showered and dressed. Tables are cleared off, beds are made and bathrooms have been given a wipedown. I need to do carpets and floors in a bit.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #25
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He could get another bb, but I think he is ready to branch out and IDK if bb will be around much longer. I guess they are coming out with a new phone in January as a hail mary to see if they can make a go of it. My SIL's Droid 4 seems to be working fine and she uses it pretty heavily.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think BB will be around because gov't and companies will continue to use them because their security is so much better than all other phones. I have to admit I am loving the look of the new BB 10, though it does not have a keyboard.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My experience may be out of the norm, Jess, as I am a prolific texter/poster. I think I would probably wear out any phone keyboard in a year's time. My frequency of use is like a teenager but I refuse to type in all LOL-type secret code. I thought I really wanted an iPhone, but after downloading a year's worth of photos from both phones, and his photos really not being any better quality than mine, which are crap, I'm not as sold on it now. I guess what I really need is a new camera.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The problem for the iphone for me is they don't seem to be as sturdy of screens as the droids, the one that is free now has a 5 mp camera vs the droids 8mp camera, and they don't have my "must have" app, google talk

Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #29
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, for craps sake. DH has decided we have to wait until the 8th, because that is when our contract is up. Even though Verizon told us that we can order now for the same price. I guess it is only one week.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #30
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Jerry loves his slide out. He fines it easy to use. He is not a fan of touch screen
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote