Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #261
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge December thread

I don't get why asking someone to tell you how they are doing something then telling them they are wrong because so and so went to WW meeting 5 yrs ago said it is only portions.

While portions have something to do with weightloss of course, so does what you eat. Not to mention you could be sensitive to some foods not others. Useless calories will make you gain or at least maintain. She is not using the point system, so she does not even know how many points to eat or what points she is eating. I guess if she really wants to lose she will listen to methods that really work and pretend she can do what she wants.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #262
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I am 139.6 today!!!! I cannot believe I am a lb away from my pre-preggo weight with DS2!! I have not seen this weight since I was TTCing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Every time I drink with DH I gain 2-4 lbs the next day. Dehydration and carbs. It will take a day or 2 of water, but will go away.

Ever have one of those "friends" who have no life experience, little education, but know EVERYTHING!!!??? She just had her fist baby and knows it all, although I am on number 4 and one has managed to survive and thrive to 15 yrs.

Today I posted on FB how much I have lost. She commented on how she has not lost a pound and is bummed. I talked about eating healthy, avoiding certain foods, drinking water not soda, etc. All the things we all have been doing to improve our health and weight. She told me I am wrong and it is only portions and drinking any liquids. Yet I have lost over 50 lbs and her none. She also was telling me about Weight Watchers (wrong info) which I am a member of and she is not. Really??? Does anyone else have these people in their lives. Sorry to vent, but honestly, she drives me crazy and the only reason I have her on FB is because she is the soon to be DIL of a GOOD friend who is my sons' respite worker.
Thats my SIL....its a PITA to deal with!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #263
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post

Thats my SIL....its a PITA to deal with!
I would not be so annoyed if it was not for the 10 plus yr difference in age and that I have already been there, done that in most cases. It is also everything she posts on my wall and other people's. Some people get down right rude with her. I stay civil and try to educate, but man!

Last edited by l_Kimmie_l; 12-11-2012 at 11:34 AM.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #264
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kimmie-that's so annoying! sorry you have to deal with it.

AFM, I had to skip running today I went to my gma's to run but ended up working on my uncle's funeral stuff. His apt RM mailed us a box of paperwork and I had to call banks and stuff. And alex was being too fussy so I couldnt leave him with my grandparents. Makes me wish I had a jogging stroller.
We have been looking for my uncle's employer for the death certificate purposes. We got his old tax docs and he hasn't been working. All his money was from stocks. Like we can't find any Schedule C or income listed on his taxes. My gma is having a hard time with it since he told her he was working. She doesn't quite belive it, but all the evidence points to the fact that he was investing everything.

Hoping to run tomorrow. Alex should nap soon and I'll get some lifting in
Old 12-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #265
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

week 1 weigh in...

misskira: starting:223, goal:145, current:218, -5

I'm definitely pleased. Successes are increasing ability to say no to food, increasing vegetable servings and variety, decreased appetite, more energy.

Next step is continuing to increase veggie servings and variety, try nuts and fish, add exercise.

8 pounds to first mini goal of 210.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #266
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I want honest opinions. Do I want to get a Keurig coffee maker or a jogging stroller? I know they aren't related at all, but I think I can only afford one. I have a regular ol' coffee maker but I do drink coffee almost daily. I drink it black so I like soemthing that makes good coffee.
As far as the stroller, I normally run while Alex is at my grandma's, but it would be nice to not to have to go there just to be able to run. Although they live by a bike path and by my house it just hilly. oh, and I don't really have room for a jogging stroller. I keep 2 strollers in my car (single and double) so one would have to come out and I'd have to find a place to keep it in my house

Last edited by corinne76; 12-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #267
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
I want honest opinions. Do I want to get a Keurig coffee maker or a jogging stroller? I know they aren't related at all, but I think I can only afford one. I have a regular ol' coffee maker but I do drink coffee almost daily. I drink it black so I like soemthing that makes good coffee.
As far as the stroller, I normally run while Alex is at my grandma's, but it would be nice to not to have to go there just to be able to run. Although they live by a bike path and by my house it just hilly. oh, and I don't really have room for a jogging stroller. I keep 2 strollers in my car (single and double) so one would have to come out and I'd have to find a place to keep it in my house
If it were me, I would get a french press for $20 and spend money on a good jogging stroller. I've NEVER had better coffee than from a french press, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my BOB
Old 12-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #268
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've considered a french press before, but I thought it takes too much time. How long does it take to make a cup of coffee?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #269
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
I've considered a french press before, but I thought it takes too much time. How long does it take to make a cup of coffee?
Probably about 15-20 minutes.... But after about a week, I really didn't notice it. I just fill a kettle and put it on to boil, add my grounds to my press, and as soon as it starts to boil, pour the water in, let it sit for at least 5, stir and press. Best coffee EVER.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #270
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks. Do you grind your own coffee beans? You can't use ground coffee in a french press right?