Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #321
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge December thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
So what changes is everyone making to reach their weightloss goals? Did you all go over it already and I am just late to the game?
Last summer I lost 15 lbs in 3 mo doing strict calorie counting and running/training for a race. THEN I ran the race and got lazy after and have gained it all back. I am vegetarian and limit dairy so I think it is the sugar/bread/carbs that got me in trouble. We rarely eat anything processed so I think I was getting burned out with all the cooking and was reaching for the super easy stuff (toast and jam anyone?) THEN, I injured my left knee playing coed kickball making excersise difficult, PLUS i have some weird issue going on with my jaw that causes tooth sensitivity in the entire right side of my mouth so those cold/crunchy fruits and veg just didnt sound good. Dentist explained that stress causes me to clench/grind leading to inflammation in the jaw joint and that inflammation is affecting a nerve. That in turn causes the sensitivity.
Thanks for listening to my excuses now here is what I am doing to try to get past them.
Teeth- making a conscious effort to NOT clench esp when the boys are testing my patience (this is when I do it the most) I definitely notice a difference when I am careful about this.
Knee- Time, it has been about 6 mo and I am getting around so much better! Just being cautious about re-injury.
Diet-I was having coffe in the am with sugar dumped in and almond milk, now I measure in a little sugar (working on reducing to black) and dont finish the cup. Breakfast is a smoothie made with 1/2 c. oj, water, 2c Kale, 1c froz blueberries, 1 tbsp hemp seed. It keeps me full for awhile and is a good start with veg and fruit for the day.
Snacks are fresh fruit or veggies with hummus if I am really hungry. Working in more fresh salads, using them as a main dish and having a smaller side portion of our main. Really just watching portions, going easy on high calorie stuff. Cut WAY back on breads and grains. Pushing the water....
I really didnt feel like the intense calorie counting if I dont have to so I hope this works!

ETA: oh and I am working in several quick workouts a week to get back in the grove. Mostly bodyweight stuff. In a few weeks I will start to add in more excercise.
First I started exercising. Then I cut out grains, sweeteners and alcohol. Then I cut out most fruits, so I mostly eat veggies and meat. I'm going to try to cut out dairy next time I plateau. I push water, try to drink a gallon a day, but sometimes I don't make it. I'm also training for a 5k. And I just started weight training this past week.

That being said, I cheat on my diet probably at least once a week, sometimes more. I have a weakness for starbucks and mac n cheese. And probably the most effective thing I've done to lose weight (besides eliminating grains and sugar and alcohol all at once) was catch the stomach bug I have now

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #322
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So awesome to see everyone's progress! Makes me excited to see some of my own which is exactly what I needed. I have known I needed to start loosing for a few months but have been in a funk about it.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #323
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
I'm down to 131.2 this morning!!! That's 1.6 lbs down from yesterday!!! A few more days on this stomach bug and I'll be in the 120s lol. I feel like junk, but loving the weight loss lol.
Quote:
old munchkinflame13 starting: 147.4 goal: 120 current: 135.4 -12
new munchkinflame13 starting: 147.4 goal: 120 current: 131.2 -16.2
Sorry you are sick, but great loss!!!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #324
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old - Mamatoclaire: starting: 175, goal:145, current: 150.4 -24.6

New - Mamatoclaire: starting: 175, goal:145, current: 151.2 -23.8

Sad to have a gain this week. Going to try for more veg and exercise! I've been lazy, it's gotten so cold I haven't even been taking walks. But I can do my workout DVD, and maybe I'll go walking at the mall.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #325
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by mamatoclaire; 12-14-2012 at 10:16 AM.
mamatoclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #326
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly View Post
Weigh in day!!!!

148.4, -1.6
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Weigh I. Day and I'm down .2!!! But that's after gaining and losing 2lbs on too of that this weekend.
Old- Mac & Cheeses mom: starting 244, goal: 140, current: 228.2 -15.8

New- Mac & Cheeses mom: starting 244, goal: 140, current: 228 -16

Yay!!! 9lbs till 25 and 6+ till at mini goal or more!!!! Yay!!!! Soo happy now if I can keep up the losing streak!
Way to go! Keep it up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
OK so my offical weigh in for today is 165.8! Down a little bit, 1.8 lbs.
That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Old - kimmie: starting:172, goal:138, current: 142.1 -30
New - kimmie: starting:172, goal:138, current: 139.6 -33
Awesome loss! Congrats on 130s!!

Quote:
old munchkinflame13 starting: 147.4 goal: 120 current: 135.4 -12
new munchkinflame13 starting: 147.4 goal: 120 current: 131.2 -16.2
So sorry you're sick, but awesome loss!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #327
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I was shocked to see the 140s go by so fast. I was in the 150s forever.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #328
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Everyone did so good this week!
I'm at 143.8 this morning. I lifted yest but haven't run this whole week. I was debating going to my gmas today but i know once i get there, alex wont let me leave him. He's still a little sick so hes extremely clingy. I may put him in the stroller amd go for a walk later.

I did tell DH i want a jogger. He said ok and asked how much they are and what brands are good. Who knows, maybe I'll get one for xmas.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #329
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I have a single and a double jogger and love them!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #330
addiecakes
Registered Users
seller

old:
addiecakes: starting:173, goal:148, current:150.2 -22.8

new:
addiecakes: starting:173, goal:148, current:151.2 -21.8

Up 1 lb My motivation is on vacation I guess- when I can get an hour or 2 to myself I don't want to work out... I have also been eating what everyone else eats instead of making something else. I feel squishier... and not as strong as I did when I was on track.

Ok those are my excuses... I'm going to do better this week!

Great job girls!!
addiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote