Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
KBurd17
Registered Users
seller

Re: Moby?

I've heard you can wash & dry (on med/low) to 'tighten' it back up - maybe that could help a bit.

Advertisement

KBurd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

Personally I never really liked my Moby after my kids were more than a month or two old. Then again, my last baby was never really all that small! He was 8lbs 13oz at birth and seemed to keep up that ahead of the curve kind of weight gain straight through until he was a year old. No matter what I did it seemed like the baby would eventually start to sag, even if I put it on so tight that I felt like I was smothering him, or to the point where I didn't think I could squeeze his little body in there. I loved it a lot more with my second baby, but he was also a lot smaller than his brother.

Then I gave my Moby to someone I knew to try out. She decided she didn't like it either for the same reason. Her baby was heavy and it never worked out for her. No matter what there was always too much sag and not enough support.

That being said, my partner swears by it! He loves the Moby! It was his favorite to wear our boys in. It's just now getting replaced by the BabyHawk because our littlest one prefers it. He's got more ability to peek out and look around, which really appeals to him right now.
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van1300
So I practiced the FWCC today in my homemade Moby style wrap. That's my one month old boy Jacob:
Aww...I <3 that sweet tiny foot!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #14
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OP, I hated the Moby and am selling mine. It was WAY too much fabric for petite mamas like me and it always stretched with use and DS slid around. It didn't feel remotely safe or secure after he was in it for a while. I have a ring sling to try with my newb when they arrive next summer.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
DeniseH80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Themoby is okay...i was given a baby borne some time ago and that was just okay too...moby was good for newborn stage. I would love to try the ergo and see what all the hype is about but the are just too $$$
Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseH80
Themoby is okay...i was given a baby borne some time ago and that was just okay too...moby was good for newborn stage. I would love to try the ergo and see what all the hype is about but the are just too $$$
They were on Babysteals today for a great price. They are usually about 1/2 off on there.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #17
desibob
Registered Users
seller

Does anyone know if you can nurse in a Moby?

Mommy to one adorable ds (10/12) and wife to wonderful husband (3 years and counting)!
desibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
hoosiermommy06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not a big fan of it either...My DD likes it, but taking it off and putting it on 1,000 times a day is really annoying since it takes forever to get it wrapped tightly.
hoosiermommy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
BlessedMommy4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desibob View Post
Does anyone know if you can nurse in a Moby?
I've seen other moms nurse in a Moby but I have tried and it doesn't work too well for me. I think it depends on how you are built. I'm pretty top heavy, so I need more support, especially when nursing a newborn.
BlessedMommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #20
zswife
Registered Users
seller

I never nursed in my moby, but I have in my ergo. Even with the nb insert. My moby is super saggy and ends up bothering my back. I loooove my ergo.
zswife is offline   Reply With Quote