Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #21
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Re: Moby?

I bought a moby wrap from someone recently and can't wait to try it once Baby is born! (due in April) I also have a sling style carrier that I had made for my sister-in-law that her baby didn't like so she didn't really get to use it. Once we found out we were pregnant she gave it back to me so I can try it.
I think the idea of baby wearing is so much more personal and nurturing than pushing baby around in a stroller or carrying them in a car seat carrier all the time.

Advertisement

LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #22
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm the odd-ball that loved the Moby. Well, I love it for the newbie stage. I wore DD in the Moby until ~6 mos, DS until maybe 4 mos. It was more of a weight thing than anything for me; at some point they just got too heavy. Like a PP said, you really have to wrap it tighter than you think. I also watched the videos and they helped a lot. The Moby was the only way I could get anything done after DS was born; Moby to vacuum, Moby during DD's music class, Moby for grocery shopping. It looks hard, but watch the videos, practice at home, and you'll feel comfortable in no time!

ETA - I'm a petite mama too, 5 ft 3 in tops. I just double knotted to get rid of the excess fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012

Last edited by Alaga; 12-27-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
WildWestMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my Moby! I watched a ton on videos on youtube before I bought it so that definitely helped me feel comfortable with it. I find when it starts to feel a little stretched out washing and drying it on low tighten it back up.
WildWestMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #24
viettasgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never loved the Moby- I just can't stand all that wrapping and unwrapping. Even in the winter I'm hot in it, and none of my babies have seemed very content in it. I've tried, but can't seem to sell it no matter what. I have an old school baby sling that all my babies have loved, and in the newborn days they live in it.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #25
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The moby is great for newbies but not once they weigh more. If you have a newb then tie it tight. Tie it tighter than you think it needs to be. If you are going out pre tie so you can pop babe in easily when you get where you need to go. Once you learn the ties it isn't hard to use and doesn't take long but if you have an older baby it is time to move on from a stretchy wrap. I love the snuggly closeness of it for newborns but it is only good until they reach a certain weight.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 12-27-2012 at 11:58 AM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #26
lizcherry88
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had to practice with the Moby a lot at home before trying to put it on while I was out. The other good part about doing it at home is you can put it on before you go anywhere and then put baby in it super easy/fast when you get him/her out of the carseat. And I like that there are so many different ways to wear baby depending on which way you wrap it.
lizcherry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #27
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a sleepy wrap (boba wrap now) because it was like a moby but you didn't have to worry about making a pocket. You can tie it snugly on yourself and pop the baby in and go. I never had saging issues. I stopped using it around 6 months I believe.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #28
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desibob View Post
Does anyone know if you can nurse in a Moby?
I always do the FWCC and have been using it since birth and DD is now 15mo old AND we nurse ALL THE TIME in it. I love it. I only really notice sagging after I've been wearing her for over an hour or two but I just untie the ends and tighten it back up and we're good to go. When I nurse her in it I have to untie and loosen it a little to drop her down so she can reach easier and when she's done I just tighten it back up. The only thing I've found so far I don't like about it is I can't get a good secure back carry done.